NPD: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS top-selling phones in Q3
According to The NPD Group’s new Smartphone Track service, Apple’s iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS were the top-selling mobile phone handsets in the US in third-quarter of 2011. The data shows that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS led the top five, which also included the HTC EVO 4G, Motorola Droid 3, and Samsung Intensity II. Overall, smartphones accounted for 59 percent of all US mobile handset sales, an increase of 13 percent year-over-year. Notably, the average selling price for smarphones declined for the fourth straight quarter to $135; 64 percent of consumers who considered purchasing phones in the $200-$250 range ended up purchasing a phone for less than $200.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?