Numark to debut iDJ2 iPod mixer with pitch control | iLounge News

Numark to debut iDJ2 iPod mixer with pitch control

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, March 27, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Numark this week will introduce the iDJ2, a new version of the company’s professional iPod mixing console. Unlike the original iDJ, the new iDJ2 features only one iPod dock, but can play two songs simultaneously from a single iPod. The mixer provides real-time scratch, pitch control, looping, and full cueing of music from the docked iPod.

Numark said iDJ2 owners can also use USB devices such as hard drives for music playback via rear panel USB ports. Other features include an LCD screen that offers waveform display and visual track-profiling, line inputs for any audio source, and the ability to record musical performances to a docked iPod or any connected USB drive. The iDJ2 supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and AAC (non-DRM) formats. Numark said the iDJ2 will be released in August, but has not yet announced pricing.

image

« Mix: Avie Tevanian, New shows, Cardboard case, Jobs taxes

Sumo debuts limited edition World Cup iPod cases »

Comments

I am really looking forward to this. I have the first iDJ. I used it for ambient mixes at a gig and it worked out really well…now if I could show up to my gigs where I play house and actually mix…that is awesome. Can’t wait.

Posted by Thee-O on March 28, 2006 at 8:53 PM (PDT)

awesome product. I’m definetely getting this.

Posted by Jhego on March 28, 2006 at 9:34 PM (PDT)

Wow wow wow!
Let’s hope it will be released SOON!!!
Never tried the first version, but on my PC I use Virtual DJ along with the Hercules DJ Console, it’s something similar, but this is even cooler!!!

Hurry up, Numark!!!!!!!!!

Let us get them!!!

Posted by Henrik Johansson on March 29, 2006 at 2:39 AM (PDT)

they have updated their homepage to show the product specs, so i think it’s already out… any news about the pricing?

Posted by Dhoyos on March 29, 2006 at 9:23 AM (PDT)

So guys,

Fasten your seat belts!

This tool will cost 679 €!

This is in my opinion really too much. Nevertheless nice features, but 679€ is really too much for such a tool!

Posted by james on March 29, 2006 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

I hope the unit has additional separate outputs for each of the channels.  It would be great to hook this unit up to the same mixer as my decks.

Alternatively, does it have phono in’s?

Posted by Tim on March 29, 2006 at 4:16 PM (PDT)

this is revolutionary for the mobile dj…2 preamped speakers-light show-ipod mixer and ur ipod…thats todays easiest set up…what more can u ask for these days…

Posted by Vindictive on March 29, 2006 at 4:31 PM (PDT)

damn!! that’s expensive man!!, maybe it includes the iPod! LOL…

Posted by Dhoyos on March 29, 2006 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

Oh please! These are the worst thing to happen to djin since the cd-js. Now you’ll have kiddies braging about thier virtual crates.

Posted by Optizity on March 29, 2006 at 8:02 PM (PDT)

I have been waiting for this to come out.  Does anyone knows where I can get this in France?

Posted by Quentin on March 30, 2006 at 3:58 AM (PDT)

mm if priced right this thing could take off. Imagine going away on business or vacation and being able to use this thing in your hotel room. Heck even experienced djs buy one and keep it in the car for any unexpected special situations. Very interesting!

Posted by deza on March 30, 2006 at 1:05 PM (PDT)

679€???? Are you sure? That’s too much for a non-professional gear.

Posted by nando on March 31, 2006 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

This is great…I already use two ipods when I dj and this thig will totally change the game…I can’t wait….....

Posted by gene on March 31, 2006 at 9:01 AM (PDT)

hey, remember back when disk jockeys jokeyed disks?  haha, man, were those the days!

Posted by eric on March 31, 2006 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

It’s hot stuff though.
Waaaaaaaah.
Can’t wait to get my hands on one.

Posted by charlie on April 1, 2006 at 9:38 AM (PDT)

You guys expect it to be $300-$400??? What world are you living in??? It’s a full featured mixer plus essentially a dual cd deck but with USB. The iDJ2 is probably going to be around $1,000 or less.

Posted by minty on April 1, 2006 at 11:59 PM (PDT)

When I saw the first IDJ, I thought to myself… how kool! Now I didn’t have to carry all my bags just to play at a friend’s party or a gig where not a lot of skill is required.

With the IDJ2, I can leave the bags and still get to show some skill. Thanks to the Scratch pad!

Posted by RS Elvis on April 2, 2006 at 1:33 AM (PDT)

YES YOU NEED 2 iPODS THINK IF YOU ARE A DJ TIME WON’T ALLOW YOU TO BE SEARCHING ON THE SAME IPOD THE OTHER SONG WHILE YOU SEARCH IT ON THE MIXER DIRECTORY AND THE iPOD IS PLAYING DEFINITELY NOT TIME ENOUGH USE 2 iPODS ON THIS DEVICE BETTER BUT YES IT’S WORTH IT I WON ONE FREE BY TAKING AN ONLINE SURVEY AND THEY DID SEND IT UNBELIEVABLE WOW WHEN I OPEN UP MY DOOR IN THE MORNING VERY SAD AFTER I HAD LOST MY PRIVILEGE TO DRIVE A CAR IN CALIFORNIA I ACCUMULATED 4 BAD POINTS ON MY LICENSE I’M ALMOST GOT A HEART ATTACK BUT THE NEXT DAY IN THE MORNING THAT UPS BOX ON MY DOOR I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT IT WAS WHEN I OPEN IT AND SEE THE NUMARK BOX WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by MASTERUDY on April 2, 2006 at 1:44 PM (PDT)

okay, this is one of numark’s best product, but i think one of the only setbacks is, it has no effects..huh? every DJ needs their effects lmao but shiiit its a sick ### product the first one was #### but this is even better, and whats this? you dont need an ipod?

Posted by Aaron on April 4, 2006 at 7:44 PM (PDT)

Wow this is a mixer of the new age, hope it will be between $300-$400, that way more people will have aceess to it. Numark you guys got down on this unit, As a mobile DJ myself you can count that I will be among the first to buy the unit, keep up the good work and let me know when it will be available at my local Numark retailer? thank you!

Posted by ErnieRider on April 4, 2006 at 11:54 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 5 pages  <  1 2 3 4 >  Last »