Numark to debut iDJ2 iPod mixer with pitch control | iLounge News

Numark to debut iDJ2 iPod mixer with pitch control

image

Numark this week will introduce the iDJ2, a new version of the company’s professional iPod mixing console. Unlike the original iDJ, the new iDJ2 features only one iPod dock, but can play two songs simultaneously from a single iPod. The mixer provides real-time scratch, pitch control, looping, and full cueing of music from the docked iPod.

Numark said iDJ2 owners can also use USB devices such as hard drives for music playback via rear panel USB ports. Other features include an LCD screen that offers waveform display and visual track-profiling, line inputs for any audio source, and the ability to record musical performances to a docked iPod or any connected USB drive. The iDJ2 supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and AAC (non-DRM) formats. Numark said the iDJ2 will be released in August, but has not yet announced pricing.

image

« Mix: Avie Tevanian, New shows, Cardboard case, Jobs taxes

Sumo debuts limited edition World Cup iPod cases »

Comments

Major setback: I won’t be able to play my AACs I bought online at Apple’s iTMS… What’s the point in that?!
Price? Definitely higher than $400 don’t be naïve…

Posted by Julscho on April 25, 2006 at 2:48 AM (CDT)

Where did you take that 679E pricing from? I’ve looking day after day a word on pricing and there’s nothing yet. It’s says that it’s gonna be out on August. Personally, I’m switching to the iDj2. I’m use turntables as well as cd players but I’m gonna travel soon and I’ve just purchased an iPod Video 60G for taking all my music and I’m expecting to put my hands over one of theese mixers. It enables me to take my 6 years Dj carrer over the world without the need of traveling with my heavy-weight records. I believe it’s time to embrace new tecnologies and judge the music instead of the plattform of use. Peace! Dj Oztrich, from Chile, S.A.

Posted by Oztrich on April 26, 2006 at 1:34 PM (CDT)

how much is this and will it work for the ipod mini and do i need any thing to buy that goes with it?

Posted by dakota on April 29, 2006 at 8:53 PM (CDT)

This mixer will cost $599.99 (U.S.) and be out in August.

Posted by Pauly on May 2, 2006 at 3:19 AM (CDT)

is there a software for this so u can put ur mixes to the comp?

Posted by dj snoopy on May 7, 2006 at 5:29 PM (CDT)

ok with this mixer can u scratch nd stuff and when in august nd where can i get it >.<

Posted by dj snoopy on May 9, 2006 at 7:31 PM (CDT)

It’s expensive, but certainly worth it!

Posted by WOJO on May 22, 2006 at 7:34 PM (CDT)

i’ve just received an email from a guy at numark, and… geth ready to get knocked down… it will cost $899, so i think the vast majority of us will just dream of having one…

Posted by dhoyos on May 23, 2006 at 5:37 PM (CDT)

will i be able to have all functions of scratching, loops and pitching if the source is another mp3 player connected via USB?(not an iPOD)?

Posted by HUMBE on May 24, 2006 at 7:04 PM (CDT)

je desire acheter prochainement la nouvelle table ipod numark IDJ2.
pourriez vous m’indiquer sa sortie et également son tarif.
merci d’avance

Posted by gaudiat on May 30, 2006 at 12:24 PM (CDT)

HAVE HAD THE FIRST IDJ SINCE IT VERY FIRST CAME OUT AND HAVE USED IT EXTENSIVELY AT MY BAR GIG

I AM THINKING OF UPGRADING TO THE IDJ2 FOR ITS PITCH CONTROL AND FULLER FEATURES HOWEVER I HAVE THE FOLLOWING POINTS

on the IDJ the channel selector on the headphones was very flimsy and mine is now bust, will there be something far more robust and user friendly for headphone channel selection. the headphone volume dial needs to be more chunky and robust also.

i have started to purchase a lot of music via itunes and the joy of djing with an ipod is that you can play these files which was possible with the idj, however i have read on a website that this new unit IDJ2 will not support AAC (DRM) files, if so this would be a major dissapointment and render a large portion of my music files unplayable.

Also looking at resources on the web, i see no mention of the IDJ2 supporting itunes playlists on the ipod, the playlists are a vey good tool for grouping simlar mood songs for DJ use, you are also capable of repeating songs in different playlists ; which makes it more useful than the genre method. PLEASE MAKE SURE ITUNE PLAYLISTS CAN BE USED

My final point is will the IDJ2 unit have a flightcase available, i dj at a bar and would like to take care of this equipment, also would this flightcase also house the ipod (2nd gen colour).

When will this unit ship by the way

Posted by ANDY C on May 31, 2006 at 8:37 AM (CDT)

I like the fact that you can either play from or record to an Ipod… With that… I would use is as a way to “pre-record” a   set(s) and then hook up 2 turntables to use for needle drops, back tracks, and scratching.

Posted by Dj B-Side on June 1, 2006 at 10:16 PM (CDT)

Wicked!! I’m a Dj myself and can’t wait 2 test this one.. It’s a Lil’ expensive though.¿?¿ But nevertheless, I wanna have it. But first wanna try(read the comments about the first one) because it’s a VERY high price and want 2 be sure that it works the way i want 2. Anyways I haven’t seen a post about which Ipod’s it supports?? Guess the Ipod video’s in the line.:) Otherwise I’ll have 2 search for another one.

IDj Make my day ;)

Greetz Rahzel

Posted by Rhazel on June 12, 2006 at 2:25 PM (CDT)

I just called guitar center and they can special order one but they retail for $800.00. I have a kid that does weddings for me and it would be great but I’m not sure. If anyone gets one let me know

Posted by ~MixmasterJ~ on June 19, 2006 at 4:43 PM (CDT)

This seems very nice with the pitch control and all; however, I wonder if this has the “key lock” feature. If so, then I’ll be the first one in line to purchase it when Numark finally releases it to the public.

Posted by vondam on June 20, 2006 at 10:45 PM (CDT)

I’ve pre-orded it at djmart.com for USD 520,00 - Dreamming with!

Posted by Rafael on June 21, 2006 at 10:16 AM (CDT)

An email from djmart confirms that this won’t be released until the beginning of 2007 :(

Posted by JazzyMac on July 14, 2006 at 6:52 AM (CDT)

can you change the tempo and pitch?

Posted by LARS on July 17, 2006 at 4:04 AM (CDT)

I’m wondering how you can select a track of a MP3 player (philips) or a Hard Disk? Maybe through the LCD Screen.

Posted by LievenRAFC on July 24, 2006 at 2:40 PM (CDT)

Ok guys… I have the Pioneer DJM 500 Mixer and CDJ 700 CD Players, and have been trying to decide whether I should go to an iPod setup or stay with the setup I have.  I am tired of carrying around 700 CD’s to each event.

I have read various opinions about the Numark mixer and iPods here, but would like to hear from some actual DJ’s about the pro’s and con’s of going from what I have to this newer ‘lighter’ world of mobile music.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance,
Ed

Posted by Edhaskle on July 25, 2006 at 1:04 AM (CDT)

Page 3 of 5 pages  < 1 2 3 4 5 >