Numark to debut iDJ2 iPod mixer with pitch control | iLounge News

Numark to debut iDJ2 iPod mixer with pitch control

image

Numark this week will introduce the iDJ2, a new version of the company’s professional iPod mixing console. Unlike the original iDJ, the new iDJ2 features only one iPod dock, but can play two songs simultaneously from a single iPod. The mixer provides real-time scratch, pitch control, looping, and full cueing of music from the docked iPod.

Numark said iDJ2 owners can also use USB devices such as hard drives for music playback via rear panel USB ports. Other features include an LCD screen that offers waveform display and visual track-profiling, line inputs for any audio source, and the ability to record musical performances to a docked iPod or any connected USB drive. The iDJ2 supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and AAC (non-DRM) formats. Numark said the iDJ2 will be released in August, but has not yet announced pricing.

image

« Mix: Avie Tevanian, New shows, Cardboard case, Jobs taxes

Sumo debuts limited edition World Cup iPod cases »

Comments

how to ship to australia if so possible also four other mates wann purschase this idj2 thanks

Posted by deenis on July 22, 2007 at 4:54 PM (CDT)

can you conect the ipod nano or it has to be the ipod video???

Posted by alexandre testezlaf on August 1, 2007 at 11:47 AM (CDT)

We are looking at an almost professional deck in terms of features. Upgrades across the board… only one ipod needed, new fader, looop, pitch control, great screen to quickly cue your songs, great starting effects, possibility to record your set live, additionnal input is possible, you can even connect a usb keyboard…

but 500 USD… much more expensive in europe though.

Numark is here.

Clearly more than a beginner’s tool

Posted by Tibs on September 25, 2007 at 11:37 PM (CDT)

What is the price as of Sept. 28th 2007??

Where can I sample it in L.A. or Santa Monica Cali.

Anyone used it and does it bog at all… what is the pitch control like???  Thinking about purchasing Serrato, but that means buying turntables or CD decks and a mixer… don’t have the room or money to do that so this seems like the next best thing.

Posted by CosasCuevas on September 28, 2007 at 6:33 PM (CDT)

This is a worthless product, DO NOT waste your money on this.  The features are great, but the unit is completely unstable, it shut down on me in the middle of a gig, and left me with nothing.  It has all kinds of bugs and glitches, and when you contact Numark they say that there is nothing wrong with it, even though it kept freezing, shutting, etc.  Save youself the headache, time, and money, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Posted by Payam on October 29, 2007 at 10:47 AM (CDT)

I opened this up and played with it for about an half an hour. Its alot of fun but it doesnt come close to havin the old turntables hooked up. Probally a good thing for a busy dj that has a lot of gigs. Im just gonna stick to the vinyl!!!

Posted by brian on November 23, 2007 at 9:23 PM (CST)

I just wanted to add if your a scratch dj this may not be the toy for you. My opinion is this is the highest dollar ipod docking station out there but if you have the money to blow have fun with it.

Posted by brian on November 23, 2007 at 9:38 PM (CST)

Ive got the idj2!! Just one problem: when i put my ipod into the deck all the music comes up with the file names not the actually tune name.  what am i doing wrong pls get bk to me

Posted by kadee on November 29, 2007 at 9:23 AM (CST)

Ive tried this unit out.Alot of people have complained about it shutting off.If you do not red line the unit and limit distortion it will not.I used it 5 months and it has done it twice.I red lined.Its a saf function so you dont fry the unit.

It is must harder to mix digital than record or cdr. If you hear people who say they cant mix on it, they just cant mix.
2 things you should use.

SCANDISK READY BOOST FLASH DRIVES
or
WD EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Anything else get ready for issues.

Posted by beatsfromchicago.com on January 22, 2008 at 12:51 AM (CST)

hey mates,

Im a young and very busy dj, i send like 4hours a week searchin for music and burning cds etc etc.

I play like 9hours per weekend in clubs.

This iDJ2 kinda interested me, but im not sure if it something heavy duty or not…

Also i dont have any iPods, so does it work good with usb sticks or its slower?

Another question please.. How does the pitch bend works? Just like the pioneer one have to ratate the jog wheel?

Thanks,
Regards,

DJ Filletti

Posted by DJ Filletti on July 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM (CDT)

wow! it’s great, but can you make affordable price.

THANKS NUMARK!!!

Posted by DJ NiƱo on July 11, 2008 at 4:29 PM (CDT)

Hi Guys,

I am using the iDJ2 and it is a real cool stuff. Using a iPod Classic (160 GB) and also an external HD (250 GB), I can tell that mix system is absolutly cool ! It is fast, easy to get everywhere (using the Raod Case from Numark) and ready to mix in seconds when you have to prepare a set !
I have used dual CD players during a long time but now, I don’t need anymore to take with me heavy flightcases with all CD’s, all is on my iPod ! and searching titles with the integrated keyboard on the roadcase is easy (backlight so you can see all, even on a dark club !).

Well, let say it is the best tool I had since my 2 MK2 (they are taking dust now, snif snif).

Posted by StarMick on September 29, 2008 at 5:43 PM (CDT)

Page 5 of 5 pages ‹ First  < 3 4 5