Oakley debuts rubber iPhone case | iLounge News

Oakley debuts rubber iPhone case

image

Sunglass maker Oakley has introduced its new iPhone case, its first for the Apple handset. According to the company, the case is made from molded Unobtainium rubber, and features open access to the iPhone’s screen, camera, home button, and all other ports and controls, the ability to stand on its side for video viewing, and deep ridges on the sides and back for added grip. Available exclusively in black, the Oakley iPhone Case sells for $30.

image

« Last chance to enter Design the Next iPhone contest

Sony Pictures TV shows come to U.K. iTunes Store »

Comments

I think it’s not bad

Posted by Art on August 26, 2009 at 6:43 PM (PDT)

Does this case also Support iPhone 3GS model?
I have seen this case and its kool and protects the Phone very nicely anytime!

Posted by Vish on September 2, 2009 at 9:12 AM (PDT)

I just bought this thing. I put it on and proceeded to miss the first incoming call because the square design and rubber made it almost impossible to get out of my pocket. Back in the box with the receipt and about to head back to the Oakley store.

Posted by String on September 9, 2009 at 1:42 PM (PDT)

This case is realy nice and useful! I’m a wildlife photographer and this cover is what I needed for a forest tour..
And it reminds me the “Blame!” manga style of Tsutomu Nihei, one of my preferred manga artists.
I’ll buy one for sure…

Posted by Emanuele on October 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM (PDT)

I love the ugliness of this case. I am going to buy one.

Posted by AJay on November 11, 2009 at 7:01 PM (PDT)

30 bucks to turn my iPhone into a weapon?
I am so getting one!

Posted by rahleinad on November 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM (PDT)

Does it work for the newest 3gS iphone?

Posted by Ally on November 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM (PDT)

I have cracked two cases by dropping my phone. The phone was protected, but the case broke both times. A buddy has this Oakley case and loves it. To demonstrate it to me, he tossed his phone on the ground (concrete) and it bounced like a ball. The phone was totally protected. I was surprised that it only cost $30.00. The decorative cases cost that much and more. It fits well too. The phone won’t fall out. It is bit bulky, but very industrial and tough.

Posted by KONRAD on November 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM (PDT)

The case is absolutely awesome! I have had it for several months now. I accidentally left my iPhone on the back tire of my Jeep. The phone fell off in the driveway when I left. No damage to the phone at all. It also is really nice being able to stand the phone up on its side for watching videos.

Posted by Mickmeister on December 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM (PDT)

Can someone answer Ally’s post, does this case work with the 3GS phones as well?

Posted by Speed on December 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM (PDT)

olha eu adorei a ai fone é zika eu quero um ..

Posted by rodrigo augusto da silva on May 22, 2010 at 8:49 AM (PDT)

I’ve had this case since it came out and it’s unbelievable. i hope they make a case like this for the 4g because I’ve dropped it off ladders, scaffolds, roofs(I’m a carpenter btw) and even made it through a few bad break ups with a few trips toward my living room wall. It doesn’t fit on any of the 3g phone but they do make a case just for them. i think it’s a hardshell thought and not this rubber so i don’t know if it could take the same beating.

Posted by JmFt on June 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM (PDT)

Excellent case for iphone.  I hope that they manufacture a case like this for ipads!

Posted by Jim Caba on August 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

where can i get buy this from it doesn’t show it on the oakley website where else is there?

Posted by ali on October 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2