Observations on 40GB iPod
Reader David E. Frank at Macintouch.com has submitted some ‘initial observations’ of his new iPod 40GB which replaced his 30GB. Click ‘Read more’ for the list.
- The LCD display is both brighter and bluer than the 30GB unit. It looks more like the advertising photos that came out when the 30GB units (aka “3rd generation iPods”) were released.
- The software version shown in the About screen is 2.0.2.
- The capacity is shown as 37.2 GB.
- It is the same thickness as the 30GB unit, and therefore works in the same dock/dock base combination. It is approximately the same weight as the 30GB unit.
- Its surface doesn’t feel as smooth as the 30GB.
- The software CD has a new part number: 2Z691-4568 vs. 2Z691-4261 for the 30GB
- Apple releases second betas for iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2, and watchOS 3.2 to developers
- IBM announces Enterprise iOS app collaboration with United Airlines
- Apple deletes ‘Check Activation Lock Status’ page from iCloud website
- Apple releases first iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2 betas
- Apple releases iOS 10.2.1
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple plans to begin iPhone manufacturing in India starting with the iPhone SE
- Rumor: iPhone 8 to eliminate Touch ID in favor of Facial Recognition
- Report: Apple working on 4K for next-generation Apple TV
- Apple announces WWDC 2017
- Apple patent points to possible new Smart Keyboard with dedicated ‘Share’ and ‘Emoji’ keys
- Jaguar announces in-car Apple Pay payment option at UK Shell gas stations
- Shareholders seek more diversity in Apple upper management
- Apple to fight Nebraska ‘right to repair’ bill
- Apple eyeing another supplier for future OLED screens
- Facebook announces Apple TV app along with iOS app video improvements
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10