Omer Shoor releases Photogene² for iPhone
Omer Shoor has released Photogene², the sequel to his highly acclaimed photo editing application for the iOS platform. Released as an entirely new app rather than an update to the prior version, Photogene² has been entirely rebuilt with an interesting and fun new user interface optimized specifically for the iPhone while bringing over all of the advanced features introduced in the iPad version over the past several months. The new app features advanced photo editing capabilities such as cropping, straightening, colour adjustments with histogram and curves, sharpen and denoise filters and several retouching tools. A host of special effects are also available including centre focus, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and more and a large collection of presets allow users to easily choose a look and further adjust it from there.
Photogene² also includes the collage maker feature introduced on the iPad version, allowing users to choose from a variety of templates to combine several photos into a single artwork style image. An advanced metadata viewer is incorporated to display EXIF and IPTC metadata, including locations on an integrated map view and users can also edit IPTC metadata directly from within the app. Photos can be exported to a number of online services including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa and FTP or shared via e-mail; multiple photos can be exported at once and users can choose to resize photos during export or simply send them out in the original resolution. Additional collage templates and frames can be purchased from within the application, and more advanced users can take advantage of an optional “Pro” in-app upgrade to add features such as star ratings, watermarking on exported photos, FTP history, RGB curves, JPEG quality settings, advanced white-balance adjustments and custom masking overlays for localized effects.
Photogene² for iPhone is a new application rather than an upgrade to the prior version of Photogene, however the new version is available from the App Store at an introductory price of $1 until November 17th to allow existing users to upgrade. Users who have the original version of Photogene installed on their device will also be offered their choice of one in-app purchase expansion for free when first launching the new application.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?