OmniFocus 1.7 adds advanced iOS 4 support
The Omni Group has released a major update to its flagship OmniFocus productivity application for iPhone and iPod touch users. OmniFocus 1.7 adds new refreshed high-resolution artwork for the iPhone 4 Retina display and adds support for several of the multitasking features introduced in iOS 4. When running on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and third-generation iPod touch, OmniFocus 1.7 now provides fast app switching, local notifications of due tasks and the ability to complete some operations such as database optimization while running in the background. Local Notifications allow users of multitasking-capable iOS 4 devices to receive notifications when tasks are due even when OmniFocus is not the active application and regardless of whether the user is synchronizing with a back-end server or not. The previous synced calendar alert system continues to be available for users of older devices or users still using iOS 3.x or earlier. The update also includes several other minor changes including the display of completed projects within the Completed perspective and bug fixes related to audio recording. OmniFocus 1.7 is available from the App Store for $20 and is a free update for existing users. It can synchronize with the Mac version of OmniFocus (sold separately) via Wi-Fi or a WebDAV server such as iDisk or can be used by itself as a standalone application.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?