O’Neill shows iPod-friendly jacket, backpack
At an Apple event in Munich, Germany last week, O’Neill showed off its new iPod-ready jacket and backpacks. The company’s H2 line, which was announced earlier this year, consists of three tech-savvy outdoor products designed for use with the iPod—a jacket and two backpacks with iPod controls.
The “communication and entertainment jacket” was designed for skiers and snowboarders who want to take their iPod with them on the slopes. The jacket features an integrated audio system that can be controlled by a soft, washable control panel woven into the left hand sleeve. It also has a built-in Bluetooth module and microphone for hands-free calling with a compatible mobile phone.
The “solar communication and entertainment backpack” features two flexible solar panels and a USB recharging system to charge an iPod or mobile phone. Like the jacket, the pack also has embedded iPod controls and an integrated Bluetooth module and microphone for making hands-free calls. The other durable nylon backpack features the same features except lacks the solar charging.
The H2 backpacks are scheduled to be available later this month, while the jacket is supposed to be ready in September. Pricing was not immediately available.
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Logitech acquires Jaybird
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- Report: Developers losing interest in making watchOS apps
- Source: New AI set to give Siri a massive improvement
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used iPhones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)