Orbino offers line of premium leather iPod cases | iLounge News

Orbino offers line of premium leather iPod cases

Orbino, a company that sells Italian leather accessories, recently launched a new collection of premium leather cases for the 5G iPod, iPod nano and iPod shuffle. The cases are hand-stitched and crafted from a variety of leathers and metals. A summary of the new collection follows.

image

Cambio Case ($65)
The Cambio leather case for the 5G (video) iPod is available in several different styles, including calfskin, crocodile, nappa and rawhide in black, brown, cognac and natural colors. It features a metal click wheel ring in polished palladium or brass finished in gold. The Cambio also has a metal spring-loaded combination belt clip and desk stand.

Roadster Case & Sportivo Case ($39)
Both of the company’s hand-made cases for the iPod nano feature high quality materials, the built-in combination belt clip and desk stand, and a glazed cotton lariat with polished palladium metal pendant. The Roadster is available in 9 different styles—from red pebbled leather to beige snakeskin—while the Sportivo comes in 11 styles—from chocolate colored nappa leather to tiger print haircalf.

Premium Metal Case ($39-$59)
Orbino’s Premium Metal Case for the iPod shuffle is available in 19 different styles, including several all metal cases and a number of combination metal and leather inlay cases. Like the other cases in the line, it features a combination belt clip and desk stand, and also sports palladium or brass/gold finishes and comes with an Italian waxed cotton lanyard.

« Fox cautious about new TV distribution outlets

Apple backpedals on iTunes MiniStore »

Comments

WOW!  Pretty impressive quality and craftsmanship but quite a bit out of my price range.
Still, they are pretty impressive.
Guess iPods are making their way into luxury lifestyles.

Posted by 3rdEye on January 18, 2006 at 1:41 PM (PDT)

does anyone know if this case include a screen protector? hard to judge by the small picture.

thanks.

Posted by baxter on January 18, 2006 at 10:22 PM (PDT)

These are absolutely beautiful!  I would love to know where to see one in person as I have the same question as baxter.

Posted by asicola on January 19, 2006 at 11:46 AM (PDT)

Orbino tells me that they can offer the ipod video and ipod nano cases with removable screen protection. The cases is indeed.

Posted by SantaFe on January 20, 2006 at 9:02 AM (PDT)

where on their order page do they offer this screen protection?  another thing: how are we supposed to use the radio-remote with the iPOD video? There doesn’t appear to be a slit for dock connecting peripherals.

Posted by Ryan on January 20, 2006 at 10:21 AM (PDT)

I think i have just found my ipod case.  These things look so nice, and yet soooo different.  I love the idea of the clip and the metal ring around the click well is really cool.  I hope that they come out with a version that has flip type cover some what like vaja i just hate the clip options for the vaja.  I have a feeling im going to be ordering one very soon.  If you look at the FAQ’s on the site you will see where it talks about the screen and click wheel proctectors and also how you can dock it as well.  Cheers

Posted by rocketbrothers on January 22, 2006 at 10:01 AM (PDT)

I just received my new case (1/27/06). Absolutely beautiful and classy looking. Case comes with a vinyl screen/click wheel protector which can be inserted between your iPod and case.  There is an opening in bottom of case to connect peripherals (new radio remote etc.).  Case also comes in a book like box tied with ribbon, another classy touch.  I already have the box on my bookshelf, handy for storing knick knacks and it blends in with all the hard-cover books in my bookcase. $65???, well it comes with free postage option.  Best iPod case I’ve seen yet.

Posted by Hugh on January 28, 2006 at 5:18 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the mini-review Hugh!  I ordered the crocodile one and recently received an email saying that they were way behind on orders, so shipping date is yet to be determined.  I’m wondering if anyone knows firshand what the crocodile finish looks and feels like.  I still have time to change my order - i think?

Posted by ryan on January 28, 2006 at 8:25 PM (PDT)

I ordered a case for my Nano on Sunday 3/12 but it has not been shipped yet. Has anyone had similar problems? Also, am unable to contact Orbino by phone, mailbox full.

Posted by Oz on March 15, 2006 at 11:51 AM (PDT)

I ordered a case for the Nano on Feb. 28. It hasn’t been shipped, yet and I haven’t been told when it will ship, despite the three e-mails I’ve sent to them.

They need to change their web site or stop taking orders.

Their customer service is awful.

Posted by karsy on March 17, 2006 at 9:18 AM (PDT)

Same here, on a recent order that I made,  they are not answering emails and their phone number has been disconnected

Posted by peter helton on March 17, 2006 at 5:19 PM (PDT)

I agree, I have called and sent e-mails
10X no reply. These guys are a Joke!!!
Stay away from Orbino!!!!

Posted by Paul Burns on March 20, 2006 at 2:15 PM (PDT)

I ordered my Orbino case last week—has anyone received anything shipped from Orbino lately.  I’m wondering if it’ll be weeks or months.

Posted by Andrew on March 24, 2006 at 4:30 PM (PDT)

got my case recently, after a four week wait.
everybody comments on it.
worth the wait.
they always replied to my e-mails.

Posted by jon on March 30, 2006 at 7:52 AM (PDT)

I finally got 2 cases today which had been on order for several months. I had occasionally started to wonder if this was a scam company but it is now clear they aren’t and their products are indeed very nice. Materials and packaging are really first-rate. The screen protector (slip-in) seems to be a bit of a problem and there are a few other minor issues but this is really beautiful product. It is certainly one of the first accessories that matches the wonderful aesthetic quality of the iPod itself.

Posted by Michael Lynn on April 1, 2006 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

The Orbino case finally showed up five weeks after I ordered it. No explanation or apology from Orbino. But it is a very well-designed case. However, I ordered this case as a birthday present and had to deliver it three weeks late!!

So be aware that shipping from Orbino will take 4-6 weeks.

Posted by karsy on April 5, 2006 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

I have to say that I realize that these posts are old, but I placed an order online last night for Chrismtas and after reading these I got nervous.  I called the number on the Orbino site and the lady answered immediately (phone) and told me that my order was shipping that day and an email confirmation was on the way.  Couldn’t be better service!  smile)))

Posted by Ann M. on December 15, 2007 at 9:42 AM (PDT)