OSS 3D plug-in for iTunes released | iLounge News

OSS 3D plug-in for iTunes released

Subband Technologies has teamed up with 4Front Technologies to release of OSS 3D for the Mac OS X version of iTunes. OSS 3D “utilizes state of the art DSP technology allowing for the addition of Bass/Spatialization, 3D Surround, and various other real-time enhancements of the sound played in iTunes.” OSS 3D also provides additional functionality such as speaker resonance correction, a virtual subwoofer, brainwave inductance, high frequency restoration, center channel control, and more. Also included is a studio quality 10-band equalizer with built-in peak limiter to replace the one built into iTunes.

« Macworld: Final (day 4) Macworld iPod accessories photo gallery posted

Mix: shuffle dissection, Dell, shadow mode, Gruber »

Comments

Is it better than Octiv’s VolumeLogic?

Posted by LC Angell on January 17, 2005 at 12:52 PM (CST)

Just installed it; it doesn’t seem to *do* anything—but I’m listening over Airport Express, so maybe it doesn’t work for that?

Posted by LC Angell on January 17, 2005 at 1:03 PM (CST)

FYI, details that are a little hard to find:

It has a 2-week evaluation period. Then the cost is $25.

Posted by LC Angell on January 17, 2005 at 1:31 PM (CST)

is there anything similar to this one that works on pcs?

Posted by LC Angell on January 17, 2005 at 2:53 PM (CST)

had no problem installing. works great. i like this better than octiv. sound quality is much better. and my speakers suck.

Posted by LC Angell on January 31, 2005 at 9:16 AM (CST)

yea, subband is working on a PC version of their software. to be released shortly.

Posted by LC Angell on February 6, 2005 at 9:06 AM (CST)

the problem with airport express has been fixed.

Posted by LC Angell on February 6, 2005 at 9:07 AM (CST)

subband just released version 1.2 of OSS 3D.

it’s much better than previous versions and now includes a pretty solid user manual.

have fun.

Posted by LC Angell on June 21, 2005 at 9:50 PM (CDT)

This past July, I had surgery on my knees to correct bowleggedness. I persuaded my parents to let me buy this software so I could use the brainwave inductor as a way to help me relax and gain some relief from the pain in my legs. They agreed. OSS 3D is worth the price for just the brainwave inductor. I have several guided relaxation MP3’s that give me a good buzz on their own but with the brainwave inductor in OSS 3D, I just zone out. I find that I use OSS 3D in different situations than I use volume logic (I have both) but they do not work well when used simultaneously.

Posted by LC Angell on December 30, 2005 at 1:54 PM (CST)

There is a PC version at oss3d.com, looks like subband just took the existing application and ported it over to mac.

Posted by LC Angell on January 30, 2006 at 12:43 PM (CST)