OtterBox for iPod shuffle announced | iLounge News

OtterBox for iPod shuffle announced

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, July 7, 2005
News Categories: iPod shuffle

imageOtter Products today announced the OtterBox for iPod shuffle. The rugged new hard case features a clear exterior with a rubber cradle lining, and a rubber button that lets you use the shuffle’s control pad through the case.

The OtterBox for iPod shuffle is “waterproof, dustproof, dirtproof, sandproof, and drop-proof” and “keeps your iPod shuffle safe at the beach, pool, river, lake, gym or just walking in the rain,” according to the company. It’s priced at $29.95 and comes with a removable neck lanyard.

« PocketParty Shuffle micro speaker system ships

Poll results: How small is your smallest iPod? »

Comments

too bad shuffles suck

Posted by blinkanboxcar182 on July 8, 2005 at 1:12 AM (PDT)

This coming from someone who likes blink 182.  Thank you for your intelligent addition to the site.

Posted by KBrew on July 8, 2005 at 7:28 AM (PDT)

Interesting. I swim laps a lot, and would love to be able to listen to music of audio books. Anyone know of any waterproof earphones that would work with this?

Posted by YuleLogger on July 8, 2005 at 8:29 AM (PDT)

I echo YuleLoggers statement. Wouldn’t want to do laps with a mini, but a shuffle is definately an option, and the price is pretty good too. Just need some half decent waterproof headphones…

Posted by iScouse on July 8, 2005 at 8:32 AM (PDT)

I found these, haven’t ordered them or anything, but they seem reasonable.

Posted by PopeOfChiliTown on July 8, 2005 at 12:19 PM (PDT)

I’m also looking for some high quality waterproof headphones.  According to otterbox.com, the waterproof headphones offered at http://www.swimman.net are pretty good, however, they cost $99.95 + s/h and require a $10 adapter.  I’ve done quite a bit of research and haven’t been able to find anything worthwhile.  Does anyone happen to know if the “h20audio headphones” are compatible with the otterbox for iShuffle?  I guess it doesn’t really matter because you can’t purchase the “h20 headphones” without purchasing the “h20 case.”  Any suggestions?

Posted by alex on July 9, 2005 at 10:41 PM (PDT)

I have a pair of Sony MDR-EX81SL and an old armband from my Marware Sportsuit convertible that I’m gonna try in the pool as soon as I get the Otterbox case. The Sony’s go inside your ear and have a short cord perfect for an armband. I read in another post somebody using Ety’s in the pool.

Posted by Ed on July 10, 2005 at 10:18 AM (PDT)

Anyone and Everyone,

I’m still looking for a good pair of waterproof headphones.  Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Posted by alex on July 14, 2005 at 8:03 AM (PDT)

The Challenger M earphones are high quality isolation earphones that are our pick for anyone who wants to wear earphones with a helmet or during physical exercise. You can even swim with these phones!

Posted by Ed on July 20, 2005 at 11:22 PM (PDT)

Thanks Ed.  The Challenger M earphones look pretty nice, but I don’t believe that they are truly waterproof.  I will continue to research the market and let everyone know what I come across.  Other suggestions/ideas are still much appreciated!

Posted by alex on July 21, 2005 at 8:09 AM (PDT)