OtterBox previews Defender, Commuter cases for iPad
OtterBox has posted preview pages of its upcoming Defender Series and Commuter Series cases for the Apple iPad. The Defender Series uses three layers of materials to provide shock and scratch protection, and features silicone grip pads to hold the iPad in place when in use, silicone plugs for protection of all ports, a snap-off bottom piece for compatibility with Apple’s official iPad Docks, a built-in stand, and a removable back polycarbonate cover that can be snapped onto the front to protect the face when not in use. The Commuter Series uses three layer of materials for device protection, but unlike the Defender it offers a slimmer profile. Other features include a snap-off bottom piece for compatibility with Apple’s official iPad Docks, silicone plugs for coverage of all ports, push-through covers for the volume and power buttons, and an included film screen protector. OtterBox’s new Defender Series and Commuter Series cases for the Apple iPad are listed as coming soon and will sell for $90 and $65, respectively.
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?