Otterbox rolls out cases for iPod nano 4G, touch 2G
Otterbox has introduced its Defender and Impact cases for the fourth-generation iPod nano and second-generation iPod touch, along with the Armor Series case for the touch 2G. The Impact series cases are thin, form-fitting skins offering open access to all ports and controls on the iPod nano and the screen, headphone jack, and Dock Connector on the iPod touch. The touch case also offers press-through coverage for the volume and sleep/wake buttons. Otterbox’s Impact cases for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G are available now and sell for $20 each.
The Defender series cases feature a unique three-layer design consisting of a thin clear membrane to protect the screen and Click Wheel, a hi-impact Polycarbonate skeleton, and an outer layer of silicone to provide added bump and shock protection. The iPod nano model offers access to the Dock Connector, hold switch, and headphone jack via silicone plugs, while the iPod touch model offers access to the buttons through the case, as well as access to the Dock Connector and headphone jack through silicone plugs. The Defender series cases for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G are available now and sell for $30 each.
Finally, the Armor Series case for the iPod touch 2G offers waterproof, dustproof, drop-proof, and scratch-proof protection for the iPod touch 2G. It features a patented membrane to allow for use of the touch screen while in the case, and offers an external headphone jack and included neck lanyard and belt clip. Available now, it sells for $50.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads