Otterbox rolls out cases for iPod nano 4G, touch 2G
Otterbox has introduced its Defender and Impact cases for the fourth-generation iPod nano and second-generation iPod touch, along with the Armor Series case for the touch 2G. The Impact series cases are thin, form-fitting skins offering open access to all ports and controls on the iPod nano and the screen, headphone jack, and Dock Connector on the iPod touch. The touch case also offers press-through coverage for the volume and sleep/wake buttons. Otterbox’s Impact cases for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G are available now and sell for $20 each.
The Defender series cases feature a unique three-layer design consisting of a thin clear membrane to protect the screen and Click Wheel, a hi-impact Polycarbonate skeleton, and an outer layer of silicone to provide added bump and shock protection. The iPod nano model offers access to the Dock Connector, hold switch, and headphone jack via silicone plugs, while the iPod touch model offers access to the buttons through the case, as well as access to the Dock Connector and headphone jack through silicone plugs. The Defender series cases for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G are available now and sell for $30 each.
Finally, the Armor Series case for the iPod touch 2G offers waterproof, dustproof, drop-proof, and scratch-proof protection for the iPod touch 2G. It features a patented membrane to allow for use of the touch screen while in the case, and offers an external headphone jack and included neck lanyard and belt clip. Available now, it sells for $50.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015