Otterbox rolls out cases for iPod nano 4G, touch 2G
Otterbox has introduced its Defender and Impact cases for the fourth-generation iPod nano and second-generation iPod touch, along with the Armor Series case for the touch 2G. The Impact series cases are thin, form-fitting skins offering open access to all ports and controls on the iPod nano and the screen, headphone jack, and Dock Connector on the iPod touch. The touch case also offers press-through coverage for the volume and sleep/wake buttons. Otterbox’s Impact cases for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G are available now and sell for $20 each.
The Defender series cases feature a unique three-layer design consisting of a thin clear membrane to protect the screen and Click Wheel, a hi-impact Polycarbonate skeleton, and an outer layer of silicone to provide added bump and shock protection. The iPod nano model offers access to the Dock Connector, hold switch, and headphone jack via silicone plugs, while the iPod touch model offers access to the buttons through the case, as well as access to the Dock Connector and headphone jack through silicone plugs. The Defender series cases for the iPod nano 4G and iPod touch 2G are available now and sell for $30 each.
Finally, the Armor Series case for the iPod touch 2G offers waterproof, dustproof, drop-proof, and scratch-proof protection for the iPod touch 2G. It features a patented membrane to allow for use of the touch screen while in the case, and offers an external headphone jack and included neck lanyard and belt clip. Available now, it sells for $50.
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0