Pacific Rim offers wired remote for all docking iPods | iLounge News

Pacific Rim offers wired remote for all docking iPods

image

Pacific Rim Technologies has announced the release of its new wired iPod remote. First shown at Macworld Expo in January, the wired remote is compatible with all docking iPods—3G, 4G, 5G, iPod mini and iPod nano. It features a belt clip and controls for play/pause, change track, volume, and hold. The remote is available at a special introductory price of $20.

« Mix: NFL, South Park, Steve Ballmer, Google

NBC’s Scrubs added to iTunes Music Store »

Comments

Buttons are too small! Its fustrating when the wrong button is pressed; very handy item though. Paul

Posted by Paul Evans on March 29, 2006 at 11:21 AM (PDT)

Color me confused, but why is this any better than the original equipment?

Posted by Obadiah on March 29, 2006 at 1:11 PM (PDT)

Color me confused, but why is this any better than the original equipment?

I don’t know, but at least it’s apparently compatible with 5gs and nanos, which the original is not. So since I miss my 4g’s remote, I might get this (but don’t want to pay the price for the wireless one).

Posted by blah on March 29, 2006 at 2:55 PM (PDT)

could be useful for those with spoiled normal headphone ports…..like my modified 8gb mini. The alternative is griffin’s ifm which is too expensive.

Posted by Kenneth on March 29, 2006 at 2:57 PM (PDT)

It’s much cheaper than Apple’s remote (albeit without FM playback). They need to do a black version though. I have a black iPod, and black earbuds. I don’t want half a white cord in between!

Posted by Suspense on March 29, 2006 at 6:16 PM (PDT)

This is better because it fits in all ipods, as opposed to apple’s where you need the docking port on top.

Posted by mflat5 in USA on March 31, 2006 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

Color me confused, but why is this any better than the original equipment?

Several reasons:

1. It’s MUCH cheaper than the Apple version.

2. As mentioned before, this one works with all dock-connector iPods, not just the ones with the extended headphone jack, and not just the newer ones with the updated firmware.

3. For those like me who don’t want the FM capability of Apple’s latest offering and don’t like buying features we’re not going to use, it’s great.

Does any of this mean it’s better for you personally, Obadiah? Maybe not. But for some of us, it’s great.

Posted by Moe on March 31, 2006 at 2:51 PM (PDT)