Pacific Rim Technologies announces iShield II aluminum case | iLounge News

Pacific Rim Technologies announces iShield II aluminum case

pic

“Pacific Rim Technologies, a global supplier of innovative products specializing in iPod, PDA, Pocket PC cases, today announced the introduction of the iPod ‘iShield II’ hard case made of aircraft aluminum, available in multi-colors and compatible with Apple iPod 10, 15, and 20GB. It will be shipping in quantity in late February.

pic

Comments

It’s a nice looking case…too bad they don’t make it for the 30/40 GB iPods :(  I’d definitely get one if they did.

Posted by thrice on January 20, 2004 at 12:03 PM (CST)

woah yeah… kinda makes me wish i had waited before ordering the contour

Posted by awaitingtheday on January 20, 2004 at 12:05 PM (CST)

I can’t tell whether it has a screen cover~!

Posted by Redux on January 20, 2004 at 12:42 PM (CST)

it says they have them (from the site)

Posted by awaitingtheday on January 20, 2004 at 12:44 PM (CST)

Kool they look sweet, can anyone give me the site to order one?

Posted by Pete Scarratt on January 20, 2004 at 12:55 PM (CST)

^^^ MY Bad lol click on more info and it sent me to the site LOL

Posted by Pete Scarratt on January 20, 2004 at 12:56 PM (CST)

Um too bad that was up on there site back when it was macworld time. have been wondering if I should order one for about a month now.

Posted by A-Non-E-Mouse on January 20, 2004 at 12:59 PM (CST)

i emailed them about one for the 40gb ipods because i want one of these.  they look awesome

Posted by J on January 20, 2004 at 1:27 PM (CST)

I too emailed them about one for the 30/40 GB back when I saw them in the photos from MacWorld posted on this site.  I recieved a very nice reply stating that they had no plans to make this for the larger 3G iPods but they do have the less attractive iShield I case available for the larger iPods.  It’s too bad, I would’ve bought a couple of colors if they made the iShiled II available for the larger iPods.

Posted by Steve on January 20, 2004 at 1:53 PM (CST)

I have only one question. Should I get the silver or red? I think that the silver compliments the iPod’s natural beauty more. Any suggestions?

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 8:00 PM (CST)

or maybe even the blue

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 8:47 PM (CST)

Get the silver. U know u want it

Posted by Jon on January 20, 2004 at 9:26 PM (CST)

I’m trying to decide between this or the Vaja case. Which is better?

Posted by LaNev on January 20, 2004 at 9:28 PM (CST)

yeah I have to say silver

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 9:31 PM (CST)

I would have to say this one. I was deciding between the showcase and this one and I think the “Stuf back” protection service sealed the deal. Plus with the showcase I would have had to use the foam insert (big turnoff). Plus it isnt bulky and should be very light.

Posted by Andy on January 20, 2004 at 9:36 PM (CST)

Is it safe to assume that you cannot use the iTrip with this case?

Posted by Lance on January 20, 2004 at 10:04 PM (CST)

I just took delivery of my blue one a week ago… Though build quality is not what I had hoped for, everything else more than makes up for having to do some final trimming on the soft stuff inside. I am in the process of making a custom mount for my car (it’s a convertible, so nothing can be visible once I leave) and all the plugs (1/8” and power) go in without a problem. Frankly, I’m in love.

Posted by Benjamin Kaupp on January 21, 2004 at 12:55 AM (CST)

This is what the ipod armor should have done. Too bad these companies forget about the classic ipods completely.

Posted by revmike on January 21, 2004 at 10:33 AM (CST)

I would love a review for this one. I agree that the iPod Armor should have done something similar to this. I like a very strong case with access to all the buttons while it is still closed.

Posted by hartski on January 21, 2004 at 10:47 AM (CST)

Great looking case…I too was thinking of the showcase only to change my mind. Now the big decision which colour.  Benjamin, could you describe (or provide photos) of the blue case, the one picture here isn’t the greatest and the photos from MWSF are too dark to really get a good idea.  Thanks!

Posted by canuck_eh on January 21, 2004 at 12:22 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >