Pacific Rim Technologies announces iShield II aluminum case | iLounge News

Pacific Rim Technologies announces iShield II aluminum case

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, January 20, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic

“Pacific Rim Technologies, a global supplier of innovative products specializing in iPod, PDA, Pocket PC cases, today announced the introduction of the iPod ‘iShield II’ hard case made of aircraft aluminum, available in multi-colors and compatible with Apple iPod 10, 15, and 20GB. It will be shipping in quantity in late February. In addition Pacific Rim Technologies is running a quarterly promotion offering free ‘Stuff Bak’ a loss protection service for your iPod or other device when you purchase a hard case from Pacific Rim Technologies.”

pic

« “The iPod is the modern-day equivalent of the Samurai sword”

Apple posts ‘coming soon’ Pepsi-iTunes giveaway »

Comments

One more thing, how’s the quality of the beltclip?

Posted by canuck_eh on January 21, 2004 at 10:23 AM (PDT)

Another question Benjamin - What is the quality of the hinge and closure clasp?

Posted by YYWWVV on January 21, 2004 at 10:49 AM (PDT)

i was thinking of waiting to get the new iskin exo 3 but this case is so sweet i have to have it want blue or silver, but really need to see pics or a full review, any one who has it should make a review cuz it looks awsome just ant to know if its easy to use and as cool as it looks

Posted by BLAH on January 21, 2004 at 10:53 AM (PDT)

i emailed the company for more pics of it but no response yet

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 11:18 AM (PDT)

Okay… pix of the blue one can be emailed to anybody who wants them, just drop me a line bkaupp-at-ugconnection.com
As far as the belt clip is concerned, it seems very strong, but with a cell phone on one side and a Palm Tungsten on the other, there’s not much space left on this dork for another digital toy. I do plan on modifying the clip for my aforementioned car install, tho.
Lastly, I admit the latching could be better, but I haven’t had any problem with it yet. again, email me and I’ll include detail pix of that part. Also look for my fulll review coming soon on the forums

Posted by Benjamin Kaupp on January 21, 2004 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

just got an email from them. it has a neoprene lining on the inside to protect your iPod. I love this case

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 4:11 PM (PDT)

What is the back of the case like? Is it flat?

Posted by A02 on January 21, 2004 at 4:32 PM (PDT)

i can send you a pic of it if you give me your email. you dont have to though if you dont trust me(it’s one of benjamin’s pics)

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 4:52 PM (PDT)

its flat except for a round hole(you can see it in the pics above) and a small bump farther down. I assume that these are for the belt clip

Posted by Andy on January 21, 2004 at 5:03 PM (PDT)

does itrip work wit the case on?

Posted by blah on January 22, 2004 at 6:59 PM (PDT)

I couldnt tell you that but email the company’s customer service. they were very helpful for me.

Posted by Andy on January 22, 2004 at 7:04 PM (PDT)

I just got this back from Customer Service
——
No the iShield II does not work with the
iTrip, space limitation.
——

Posted by Ray on January 23, 2004 at 1:22 PM (PDT)

Anyone know if this works with the Belkin iPod charger/amplifier?

Posted by Chomper on January 26, 2004 at 8:45 AM (PDT)

again, I would email the customer service

Posted by Andy on January 26, 2004 at 1:48 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2