Pacific Rim Technologies releases iCradle for iPod | iLounge News

Pacific Rim Technologies releases iCradle for iPod

picPacific Rim Technologies has released a new dock fitting 3rd generation iPods or iPod mini. The iCradle for iPod features a USB 2.0 port, FireWire port, audio line-out port and includes a free USB 2.0 cable all for $39.99.

« Windows: K-MP3 5.7.1.82 released - audio file renamer/tagger

New iPod External Battery Pack released »

Comments

Let me the first…

Will it work with an silicone case like the eXo2 or eXo3 or eVo?  smile

Posted by Lew on June 28, 2004 at 9:05 AM (PDT)

does any body know were i can rfind a link to the keynote

Posted by BIGP in Texas on June 28, 2004 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

off topic but just wondering incase of new ipod and why ipodlounge isnt all ovewr the wwdc 2004?????

Posted by BIGP in Texas on June 28, 2004 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

Are you sure this comes with the cable? I do not see anywhere where that is specified on the site.

Posted by Penchi on June 28, 2004 at 9:48 AM (PDT)

I emailed them and asked about the case compatibility - I’ll let you know if they get back to me.

Posted by Brandon on June 28, 2004 at 1:58 PM (PDT)

why in the world did someone design a new dock? i mean if someone made one that fit cases, then sure, thats cool, but all i see that this one has is a USB port. . .but you still have to buy a cable. . . .

why?

Posted by j on June 28, 2004 at 3:08 PM (PDT)

I already have a dock for my 3G.  Why would I want this?

Posted by Stu on June 28, 2004 at 3:10 PM (PDT)

Uh, why exactly would I want to pay MORE for a 3rd party product?  In the hopes that it actually worked?

Apple dock can be had cheaper than this…  and who needs a skanky USB II anything?  (Oh yeah…)

Posted by bpod on June 28, 2004 at 7:57 PM (PDT)

Why a new dock? I can tell you: money! Those guys are directly competing with Apple. There’s a patent on the dock connector held by Apple and their supplier. From what the design and the craftmanship tells me, this dock is for sure not officially licensed by Apple. I wonder how long it takes till Apple kicks their butt.

Posted by mastermind on June 29, 2004 at 3:00 AM (PDT)

Doesnt look like it will allow evo’s and such.

here is a better picture..

http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/catalog/images/APPLE STUFF/icradleipod_back3G.jpg

I guess with all the diffrent flavors of skins out there with diffrent thickness you cant make just one dock to serve all of them

Posted by brent on June 29, 2004 at 7:16 AM (PDT)

According to their customer service, it works “perfectly” with an iSkin. Looking at that last picture though, I’m not sure how. And then there’s the iSkin port cover, so who knows.

Posted by Brandon on June 29, 2004 at 10:55 AM (PDT)

Duh, I don’t think this will go with my DV Forge dock-cover.

*BFG*

Posted by Oliver :) on June 30, 2004 at 6:07 AM (PDT)