Pacific Rim Technologies to release new iPod hardcase | iLounge News

Pacific Rim Technologies to release new iPod hardcase

picPacific Rim Technologies, makers of cases and accessories for PDAs is about to release a new hardcase for iPod. The not-yet-named case features anodized aluminum with scratch-resistant surfaces, screen protection, neoprene lined interior, multiple attachments for use while at home, the office, gym or other sports activities, cleaning cloth, and comes with removable color inserts in cobalt blue, green, burnt orange, and silver. The case and website is set to launch October 15, and pre-ordering will be available for $49.99 with all four inserts and $39.99 with one insert of your choice. If you are interested in pre-ording now, please contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Any orders before November 1 will be entitled to a free extra insert. Click ‘Read more’ for photos.

pic
pic
pic
pic

« Mac: iCal 1.5.1 Released

Incase Designs releases Folio for 3G iPods »

Comments

god damn that thing is ugly and big….and wtf kind of pics dont show the case ON an ACTUAL ipod….not worth 40-50 bux

Posted by trunksgoku on October 7, 2003 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

Seems like an emergency release in the wake of the Contour ShowCase… Preorder by eMail?!

BTW… I prefer the ShowCase by 3 orders of magnitude wink... I agree that this one doesn’t look that great, and doesn’t seem as robust.

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on October 7, 2003 at 2:56 PM (PDT)

This looks great. The inserts seem pretty cool, i already pre-ordered mine!

Posted by Laurent B on October 7, 2003 at 3:02 PM (PDT)

I love to metal color about it….silver color will fit nice with my ipod

Posted by Vedge on October 7, 2003 at 3:09 PM (PDT)

Oh! Uh huh! Agree with trunksgoku and azdude_15Gb.
I would not touch this. I am going with SHOWCASE from Contour. Agree - seems like a move that had to do because Showcase was released. Seems like they should have spent some more time development.

Posted by ELMOZ on October 7, 2003 at 3:09 PM (PDT)

Hey y’all from Pacific Rim. Stop. Pls do some research and come out with the case that us guys want. This ain’t gonna cut it. What happened. Gotta design a cool looking protective case. Latest one which is best designed IMO - Showcase.

Posted by Dr. Dre on October 7, 2003 at 3:18 PM (PDT)

Wow… that’s a lot of new cases in just one day. However, I still don’t intend to buy any of those in the near future. I’m doing just fine with my homemade case right now (its actually just two thick pieces of felt stitched together on three sides)

Posted by Sraphim on October 7, 2003 at 3:20 PM (PDT)

It looks like an excellent practical hard case to protect our ipod…

smile

Pat

Posted by Pat on October 7, 2003 at 3:32 PM (PDT)

Not a bad looking case - I like the fact that there is a clip so i can attach it to my belt.  I just ordered one for me and my brother - should be perfect for the gym and when i jog!

Posted by goalee on October 7, 2003 at 3:44 PM (PDT)

This hard case is a rip-off!!!

Posted by 20GB iPod in Canada on October 7, 2003 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

A rip off of what?!

I don’t like it, but it is certainly unique.

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on October 7, 2003 at 5:20 PM (PDT)

Ahh.. Poor babies. Tear. Stop whining!
Anyways, I think this case looks a lot better than the Contour case, but I still wouldn’t use it. I don’t like plastic cases.

Posted by Squibbles on October 7, 2003 at 5:30 PM (PDT)

I just made my case from bubble-wraps, cheap, replacable and very protective ;o)

Posted by why pay money on October 7, 2003 at 6:11 PM (PDT)

I kinda like the design…although it would have been nice to have some sort of plastic covering the buttons/scroll wheel.  But I guess not everyone “needs” that protection.  Pretty neat case though

Posted by IronSerif on October 7, 2003 at 6:32 PM (PDT)

We should all consider ourselves so lucky that there are some many designers out there giving their best efforts and investing in new designs. I do not think there is another product out there that has drawn so much attention. iPod truely rules the market place

Posted by Lajo on October 7, 2003 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

UGLY…

a case should do two things.. protect the ipod which I am sure this does and not to take away from the beauty of the ipod which it does…

Good god what a piece of crap this is..

Posted by bababooey on October 8, 2003 at 2:36 AM (PDT)

####… you are 100% correct. Now… I just wish one of these guys would hit the target! Most of these cases add so much bulk to the iPod. If I’m not mistaken, the iPods “look” is one of the main reasons we all like them. Why cover it with all this plastic, fabric, and metal. The skins seem to be my favorite, but I have yet to see a good one with a sturdy, useful clip on the back. I bought the Booq iPaq, and although it’s made nice, Its to bulky and hides the pod too much. Maybe apple needs to step in and show em all how it’s done?

Posted by ntljr in Woodland Hills, CA on October 8, 2003 at 6:22 AM (PDT)

I for one =love= this design! The anodized aluminum in bright blue is beautiful, and it looks like you could drop that sucker off a building and the pod would survive. I like the catches the hold the panels in place. Plus, sliding the pod in and out of the case would be a breeze with a setup like that. This is by far the coolest case I have seen yet!

Posted by Fusion5 on October 8, 2003 at 9:04 AM (PDT)

You peeps crack me up!!  You call something crap, ripoff and so on.  You are looking at pics and saying these things.  Those of you that call it ugly, no prob there, you dont like it no biggie.  You others, ffs you have no idea what you are talking about.

Posted by Phill McRevis on October 8, 2003 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

These guys had a good start with the anodized aluminum! I dont know what they were thinking about making the top plastic? Pick a material and sculpt something cool!

I am waiting for a graphite composite case with aluminum back for heat disapation, now those are two materials that work well together! I paid $500.00 for my 40 gig, I would pay another $80.00 for a case like that.

Since that case may never appear, I pre-ordere the Showcase. I hope it is as rad as it looks!

Posted by james on October 8, 2003 at 4:53 PM (PDT)