Paramount releases official Star Trek Captain’s Log app
Paramount Digital Entertainment has released the latest version of its official Star Trek Captain’s Log app, adding support for iOS 4, the iPhone 4 and several additional new features. Star Trek Captain’s Log allows users to log voice recordings, take photos and video, text notes and record GPS locations in a Star Trek communicator themed app. Users can share logs with friends via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and personalize the app with different skins, sound effects, images and map pins. Version 1.1 introduces support for the iOS 4 and the iPhone 4 with multitasking features and high-resolution Retina Display graphics as well as support for the front-facing camera and gyroscope in the iPhone 4. The new version also adds a new 360-degree 3D Enterprise view that can be rotated via the touchscreen or iPhone 4 gyroscope. This update also fixes a number of bugs and makes some additional improvements regarding map pin display, image optimization and working with low-signal conditions. Star Trek Captain’s Log 1.1 is available from the U.S. App Store for $2 and requires an iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or later. Notably, the App Store description for the app indicates that users must be 17 years of age or older to use the app, however the App Store rating itself is only 4+.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?