Paramount releases official Star Trek Captain’s Log app
Paramount Digital Entertainment has released the latest version of its official Star Trek Captain’s Log app, adding support for iOS 4, the iPhone 4 and several additional new features. Star Trek Captain’s Log allows users to log voice recordings, take photos and video, text notes and record GPS locations in a Star Trek communicator themed app. Users can share logs with friends via social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and personalize the app with different skins, sound effects, images and map pins. Version 1.1 introduces support for the iOS 4 and the iPhone 4 with multitasking features and high-resolution Retina Display graphics as well as support for the front-facing camera and gyroscope in the iPhone 4. The new version also adds a new 360-degree 3D Enterprise view that can be rotated via the touchscreen or iPhone 4 gyroscope. This update also fixes a number of bugs and makes some additional improvements regarding map pin display, image optimization and working with low-signal conditions. Star Trek Captain’s Log 1.1 is available from the U.S. App Store for $2 and requires an iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or later. Notably, the App Store description for the app indicates that users must be 17 years of age or older to use the app, however the App Store rating itself is only 4+.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?