Pepsi-iTunes Super Bowl ads rank poorly; Napster bombs
Both of Pepsi’s Super Bowl commercials for this year’s iTunes promotion were ranked poorly by consumers in USA Today’s Ad Meter survey released Monday. The 45-second spot, which features various tunes coming out of Pepsi bottles when the caps are lifted, placed 27th out of the 55 most popular ads with a score of 6.01. Pepsi’s 30-second spot, which features Gwen Stefani and Eve and their hit song “Rich Girl,” ranked 45th with a score of 5.31.
Unfortunately for Napster, its anti-Apple commercial came in dead last of all the Super Bowl commercials in 55th place. The Napster ad, which received a score of 4.37, featured the company’s cat icon at a football game holding up a sign comparing the price of the new Napster To Go service with Apple’s iTunes Music Store.
For a record seventh year in a row, Anheuser-Busch won USA Today’s Ad Meter consumer ranking. This year’s winner featured a skydiver who refuses to jump. An instructor tosses out a six-pack of Bud Light to try and get him to. The guy still doesn’t jump, but the pilot does.
All of this year’s Super Bowl ads can be viewed at iFlim in QuickTime format.
- Apple Music service to include social pages for artists
- Apple streaming music service to provide limited free listening options
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2 with OS X Photos app support
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?