Philips debuts new AirPlay systems at CE Week
Philips has debuted a number of new AirPlay-enabled speaker systems at CE Week 2011. Based on the company’s previously-revealed Fidelio SoundSphere DS9800W system—which will launch in the U.S. this month for $799—the Fidelio SoundSphere DS6800W system features a handcrafted enclosure made from real wood, a silver and black color scheme, “floating” speakers, an auxiliary input for connection of other audio sources, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It wil be available this holiday season and will sell for $500.
The Fidelio DS8800W is a desktop-style, one-piece system offering 2x15W RMS total output power, neodymium drivers, bass pipes for enhanced bass reproduction, an included remote control, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It will sell for $400 and is expected to ship this July. The circular Fidelio DS3881W features 16W RMS of total output, a 360-degree surround sound effect, a compact design, a rechargeable battery, an auxiliary input, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It will be available this holiday season for $329. Finally, the Fidelio AD7000W is a compact, desktop-style system featuring an aluminum and fabric finish, 10W RMS of total output, auxiliary and USB inputs, the latter of which can charge and play a connected iPod, iPhone, or iPad, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It will also be available this holiday season, and will sell for $229.
Fidelio SoundSphere DS6800W
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Zagg announces iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 keyboard lineup
- Logitech announces Create keyboard for iPad Pro
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- App Store prices going up in Australia, Indonesia and Sweden
- Apple’s antitrust monitor is leaving for good
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?