Philips debuts new AirPlay systems at CE Week
Philips has debuted a number of new AirPlay-enabled speaker systems at CE Week 2011. Based on the company’s previously-revealed Fidelio SoundSphere DS9800W system—which will launch in the U.S. this month for $799—the Fidelio SoundSphere DS6800W system features a handcrafted enclosure made from real wood, a silver and black color scheme, “floating” speakers, an auxiliary input for connection of other audio sources, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It wil be available this holiday season and will sell for $500.
The Fidelio DS8800W is a desktop-style, one-piece system offering 2x15W RMS total output power, neodymium drivers, bass pipes for enhanced bass reproduction, an included remote control, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It will sell for $400 and is expected to ship this July. The circular Fidelio DS3881W features 16W RMS of total output, a 360-degree surround sound effect, a compact design, a rechargeable battery, an auxiliary input, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It will be available this holiday season for $329. Finally, the Fidelio AD7000W is a compact, desktop-style system featuring an aluminum and fabric finish, 10W RMS of total output, auxiliary and USB inputs, the latter of which can charge and play a connected iPod, iPhone, or iPad, and built-in Wi-Fi for AirPlay music streaming support. It will also be available this holiday season, and will sell for $229.
Fidelio SoundSphere DS6800W
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?