Philips/DLO shows iPod speakers, FM transmitter
Philips and DLO were showing off two new, previously revealed speaker systems at Macworld Expo this week, along with an updated version of the TransDock Micro. The Philips SBD8100 iPod Speaker with Rotating Dock is a table-top system featuring a unique motorized rotating dock designed for use with the iPhone or iPod touch. The dock’s rotation can be changed via the included remote control; the SBD8100 also offers the ability to run off battery or wall power. It will sell for $150 and is expected to ship in June.
The SBD7000 Rotating Speaker Dock for iPhone and iPod is a circular-shaped stereo sound system featuring a design that lets users roll the speaker to change dock orientation from vertical to horizontal. When rotated, speaker output is automatically switched to ensure proper sound. Other features include the ability to run off battery or wall power, a blue and white changing backlight, and a bi-directional flipstand for convenient video viewing. Slated for a March release, it will sell for $120.
Finally, the DLO TransDock micro for iPhone is a new version of the company’s TransDock micro combination auto charger and FM transmitter. Aside from iPhone compatibility, the new unit offers the IntelliTune feature to automatically search for and find open FM frequencies, and four programmable FM presets. Also slated for a March release, it will sell for $70.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today