Philips/DLO shows iPod speakers, FM transmitter
Philips and DLO were showing off two new, previously revealed speaker systems at Macworld Expo this week, along with an updated version of the TransDock Micro. The Philips SBD8100 iPod Speaker with Rotating Dock is a table-top system featuring a unique motorized rotating dock designed for use with the iPhone or iPod touch. The dock’s rotation can be changed via the included remote control; the SBD8100 also offers the ability to run off battery or wall power. It will sell for $150 and is expected to ship in June.
The SBD7000 Rotating Speaker Dock for iPhone and iPod is a circular-shaped stereo sound system featuring a design that lets users roll the speaker to change dock orientation from vertical to horizontal. When rotated, speaker output is automatically switched to ensure proper sound. Other features include the ability to run off battery or wall power, a blue and white changing backlight, and a bi-directional flipstand for convenient video viewing. Slated for a March release, it will sell for $120.
Finally, the DLO TransDock micro for iPhone is a new version of the company’s TransDock micro combination auto charger and FM transmitter. Aside from iPhone compatibility, the new unit offers the IntelliTune feature to automatically search for and find open FM frequencies, and four programmable FM presets. Also slated for a March release, it will sell for $70.
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks