Philips, Pioneer announce new AirPlay-friendly audio products
Both Philips and Pioneer have announced new AirPlay-compatible audio products, helping to expand the range of options for consumers looking for equipment to use with the wireless media streaming protocol. Philips’ new Fidelio SoundSphere system features two separate speakers with a curved design, “free-floating” tweeters on top, an included, separate Dock, and built-in Wi-Fi with AirPlay support. The Fidelio SoundSphere system will be available in Europe from May 11 and will sell for €799, or roughly $1,100. Pioneer, meanwhile, has announced that the company’s VSX-1021 7.1-channel home theater receiver, which connects to networks via Ethernet or an optional AS-WL300 wireless LAN adapter, will support AirPlay streaming, as well as the company’s upcoming free Air Jam and iControlAV2 apps. Pioneer says the VSX-1021, which will retail for $549, is the first of eight AirPlay devices planned for 2011.
Finally, JBL has posted a dedicated page for its upcoming On Air Wireless speaker system. Outed by the FCC last December, the system features a full color display for displaying album art and song/artist information, physical playback controls, three JBL transducers with “360-degree HALO” acoustics, a clock with dual alarms, a digital FM radio with 10 presets, and a USB port for firmware updates. No price or release date has yet been announced.
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?