Philips, Pioneer announce new AirPlay-friendly audio products
Both Philips and Pioneer have announced new AirPlay-compatible audio products, helping to expand the range of options for consumers looking for equipment to use with the wireless media streaming protocol. Philips’ new Fidelio SoundSphere system features two separate speakers with a curved design, “free-floating” tweeters on top, an included, separate Dock, and built-in Wi-Fi with AirPlay support. The Fidelio SoundSphere system will be available in Europe from May 11 and will sell for €799, or roughly $1,100. Pioneer, meanwhile, has announced that the company’s VSX-1021 7.1-channel home theater receiver, which connects to networks via Ethernet or an optional AS-WL300 wireless LAN adapter, will support AirPlay streaming, as well as the company’s upcoming free Air Jam and iControlAV2 apps. Pioneer says the VSX-1021, which will retail for $549, is the first of eight AirPlay devices planned for 2011.
Finally, JBL has posted a dedicated page for its upcoming On Air Wireless speaker system. Outed by the FCC last December, the system features a full color display for displaying album art and song/artist information, physical playback controls, three JBL transducers with “360-degree HALO” acoustics, a clock with dual alarms, a digital FM radio with 10 presets, and a USB port for firmware updates. No price or release date has yet been announced.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?