PhoneSuit intros Elite Battery Case for iPhone 4 | iLounge News

PhoneSuit intros Elite Battery Case for iPhone 4

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, June 1, 2011
News Categories: iPhone Accessories

image

PhoneSuit has introduced its new Elite Battery Case for the iPhone 4. Compatible with both GSM and CDMA models, PhoneSuit claims the Elite is the “thinnest, fastest charging iPhone 4 battery case which can provide over 100% power,” thanks to a 2,100mAh lithium-ion polymer battery, 1 Amp output, and a design that measures 17mm thick. Other features include a five-point LED battery meter, a pass-through micro USB port for charging and syncing the phone while it’s in the case, pass-through access to the microphone and speaker, open access to all ports, controls, and cameras, save for the dock connector, and two-piece design. PhoneSuit’s Elite Battery Case for the iPhone 4 is available now in black or white and sells for $80.

« iMovie update improves HDMI support

iPad 2 Buyers’ Guide Sneak Peeks: Vantage Point, United SGP, iBackflip + XtremeMac »

Comments

Wow this thing looks pretty cool. I tried other packs like the Mophie but they are bulky, expensive and never gave me a full iPhone charge. This things looks better and for a cheaper price. I hope it performs as well as it looks!

Posted by Bill Silvey on June 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM (PDT)

The quick charge feature looks interesting. I actually don’t like to have any case on my phone but I still use one of these packs when I’m out traveling. I usually wait till the charge is done and throw back in my bag. I like you can get a full charge in less than 2 hours.

Posted by Chris Keys on June 1, 2011 at 4:57 PM (PDT)

The specs on this case look great. I’m constantly traveling and need extra power. I have another case, but it only charges my iPhone to about 50%. I still need more. I’m definitely looking into the Phonesuit. The lights look cool.

Posted by Bill Hicks on June 1, 2011 at 8:52 PM (PDT)

The depth and 90° sides to the camera lens\flash opening look like it would suffer even more flash photo washout than the mophie does.

Posted by tadad on June 2, 2011 at 4:32 AM (PDT)

I bought the juice pack plus for $100 and I still only get like 90% charge. I dont know why mophie always says double battery life. They are full of crap. Im going to try this one.

Posted by abbazabba on June 2, 2011 at 5:47 AM (PDT)

Ordered one over a week ago. They charged my credit card immediately, but still haven’t shipped or replied to my email.

Venture funding, $80 at a time.

Posted by Danny Goodman on June 13, 2011 at 9:15 PM (PDT)

I purchased the PhoneSuit Elite a few weeks ago and it’s a great battery case. I own the Mophie, but was never satisfied, because its too bulky. The Elite is way smaller around the edges, thinner and looks great. The battery more than charges my phone.

Posted by Greg Sands on July 23, 2011 at 10:45 AM (PDT)

Can anyone tell me what material this is made from?

Thanks

Posted by Jason on July 24, 2011 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

Got mine last week.  It’s pretty slick.  It’s one single major downfall?  It uses a micro-USB cord to charge it rather than the original iPhone charger (which I have in nearly every room and car I own).  It’s a whopper of a problem, but not enough to lose more than one star for.  Four stars.  Fix the charger and you’ve got a homerun!

Posted by KT on July 26, 2011 at 10:01 PM (PDT)

Looks like a solid contender to Mophie’s offerings.  As for KT’s post about their use of Micro USB, they all use a micro USB connector and I actually find it MORE of a benefit that a detractor.

I have lots of micro USB cables in my bag, at work, home, just about everywhere I go so I don’t have to pay Apple $29 for a sync cable that SHOULD cost $5 at best.

Apple may design great products but they shouldn’t be gouging customers over a cable (or a USB power brick either for $29).

Posted by RaptorOO7 on October 28, 2011 at 10:22 AM (PDT)