Photo of the Week: iPhone 4 in Wyoming | iLounge News

image

This week’s featured photo is from our iPhones Around the World gallery, and shows an iPhone 4 on the shores of Jackson Lake overlooking Great Teton in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. To share your photos and to be considered for our Photo of the Week, you simply need to submit your own photo to one of our galleries. So get out there, take some pictures featuring your favorite iPod, iPad, or iPhone and maybe your submission will be our next Photo of the Week!

« Aviiq rolls out Portable Charging Station for iPad, iPhone, iPod

Evernote Peek adds audio clues, shared notebook support »

Comments

That look Photoshopped to me. At least the mountains are pretty, but that iPhone is so not in that picture.

Posted by Timocus on July 27, 2011 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

Seconded.

Posted by Farnsworth on July 27, 2011 at 7:33 AM (PDT)

I’m the photographer, and I assure you it is NOT photoshopped. I know it looks like fake, and I got a lot of funny looks from folks around me while taking it, but my biggest fear was that it would topple over. The whole mountain range looks surreal when you’re in its presence, but maybe it was the lighting on the phone that makes it look ‘inserted’.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 27, 2011 at 7:51 AM (PDT)

That is one huge iPhone sitting on that shoreline boulder!

Posted by Rick on July 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM (PDT)

I agree it is not Photoshopped, it is done with an awfully cheap program and very bad too.

How can anyone be fooled by this? I don’t understand.

Posted by Eric on July 27, 2011 at 3:46 PM (PDT)

C’mon ilounge, that is a horrible pshop job, it looks baaad, jut zoom in on the iPhones screen.  And that’s not even the worst of it…

Posted by Rwalk on July 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM (PDT)

Heh, heh ... never would I imagine my photo submission would generate such chatter.

The phone was NOT photoshopped into the picture, but yeah I didn’t do the best job of trying to clean up the glare on the iPhone screen from my Olympus’ flash (it was MS Paint for crissakes, don’t even have PS).  My iPhone really was there exactly as you see it, as fake as it may look.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM (PDT)

Oh come on!  This is BS.

Posted by sb on July 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM (PDT)

@rockmyplimsoul Any chance you can tell us a) why the iPhone looks huge, b) why it looks like it’s “floating in air”, and c) why the contrast of the iPhone doesn’t match that of the rest of the scene?

Posted by Dave on July 28, 2011 at 12:13 PM (PDT)

(a) Because the camera was about 24” away from the iPhone, (b) It’s not floating, it is balancing on top of the boulder beneath it, and (c) even though it was a sunny day the iPhone was in the shade so I put the flash on my Olympus (but the bush to the right was in direct sunlight). Look, I have no reason to BS iLounge or any readers, I just thought it was a cool shot from my recent vacation.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

I like you and your posts over the years RMP, but if you send me the original photo - the original, not a copy, I’ll have it analyzed by my wife who is a photo expert and come back here and publicly apologize to you.  I’ll give you $20 too.

Posted by sb on July 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM (PDT)

Thanks sb, PM me in the forum section.

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 28, 2011 at 6:28 PM (PDT)