Photosmith delivers iPad photo workflow for Lightroom users
C2 Enterprises has released a new app designed to help iPad users collect and organize photos on the go, share content on social media services and sync the resulting collections to Adobe Lightroom. Photosmith provides the ability to organize, rate, tag and label photos imported from sources such as the iPad Camera Connection Kit and includes support for JPEG and Canon & Nikon RAW files. Users can view detailed EXIF information such as ISO and shutter speed and set titles, captions, descriptions and IPTC metadata. Photos can be viewed at full 100% zoom to check detail and the app supports sharing photos via Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox or e-mail in various resolutions.
A free Lightroom plug-in allows users to transfer photos from their iPad to Lightroom via Wi-Fi and sync collections, keywords, ratings, labels, EXIF and IPTC information in the process. Photos can also be imported using the standard iPad USB for better performance with metadata subsequently synced to Lightroom via Wi-Fi. Changes made in Lightroom are also synchronized back to the iPad and Lightroom keywords are automatically transferred to the iPad so they can be easily applied while on the go. Photosmith requires an iPad running iOS 4.2 or later and is available from the App Store for $18.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?