Pioneer intros AppRadio touchscreen auto receiver
Pioneer has introduced its new AppRadio touchscreen automotive receiver. Designed to work in conjunction with an iPhone 4 or fourth-generation iPod touch running iOS 4.2 or later, the AppRadio works with the Pioneer AppRadio app to enable access to Google Maps, as well as various third-party apps, including INRIX, MotionX-GPS Drive, Rdio, and Pandora Radio, and also uses Apple’s iPod Out feature to display the familiar iPod navigation menu, displaying album art, song title and artist, and offering direct access to custom playlists and Genius Mixes. Other features include a WVGA (800 x 480), 6.1-inch capacitive touchscreen, three physical buttons—volume up, volume down, and home—built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling, an AM/FM radio with RDS text information display, an input for an optional vehicle mounted rear facing back-up camera, a 30-pin connector, an external GPS antenna, an external microphone for hands-free calling, a wired remote steering wheel control adapter, and an external amplifier via one set of preamp outputs. Pioneer’s AppRadio automotive receiver will be available in late June and is expected to sell for less than $500.
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Typo iPhone keyboard returns, updated, as Typo 2
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today