Pioneer releases new AirPlay network audio players
Pioneer Electronics has announced the release of two new AirPlay-enabled networked audio players. Part of the company’s Elite brand, the new N-30 and N-50 players include both AirPlay and DLNA 1.5 wireless technologies providing iTunes and iOS users with the ability to stream music and other audio content wireless from their iTunes libraries or portable devices. Both models include an Ethernet port for a wired network connection; users can purchase the AS-WL300 wireless LAN converter or AS-BT200 Bluetooth adapter separately to provide additional connectivity options for streaming from a Wi-Fi network or A2DP capable Bluetooth device.
The two models also include vTuner Internet radio for streaming music from a selection of over 16,000 Internet radio stations worldwide. The systems support playback of standard compressed audio formats as well as Apple Lossless audio via AirPlay and include a ful-color 2.5” LCD screen for displaying track information and album art. An optional Pioneer ControlApp is also available on the App Store to allow users to control the unit from an iPhone or iPod touch. The higher-end N-50 model provides an armoured chassis for noise resistance and gold RCA jacks for better audio connections along with additional audio features such as Advanced Sound Retriever and Sound Retriever AIR to enhance the quality of compressed audio files. The N-50 also features twin EL transformers to reduce interference and a 32-bit conversion processor for an improved audio experience. Both players are available now from major electronics retailers, with the N-30 and N-50 priced as MSRPs of $499 and $699, respectively.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?