Pioneer releases new AirPlay network audio players
Pioneer Electronics has announced the release of two new AirPlay-enabled networked audio players. Part of the company’s Elite brand, the new N-30 and N-50 players include both AirPlay and DLNA 1.5 wireless technologies providing iTunes and iOS users with the ability to stream music and other audio content wireless from their iTunes libraries or portable devices. Both models include an Ethernet port for a wired network connection; users can purchase the AS-WL300 wireless LAN converter or AS-BT200 Bluetooth adapter separately to provide additional connectivity options for streaming from a Wi-Fi network or A2DP capable Bluetooth device.
The two models also include vTuner Internet radio for streaming music from a selection of over 16,000 Internet radio stations worldwide. The systems support playback of standard compressed audio formats as well as Apple Lossless audio via AirPlay and include a ful-color 2.5” LCD screen for displaying track information and album art. An optional Pioneer ControlApp is also available on the App Store to allow users to control the unit from an iPhone or iPod touch. The higher-end N-50 model provides an armoured chassis for noise resistance and gold RCA jacks for better audio connections along with additional audio features such as Advanced Sound Retriever and Sound Retriever AIR to enhance the quality of compressed audio files. The N-50 also features twin EL transformers to reduce interference and a 32-bit conversion processor for an improved audio experience. Both players are available now from major electronics retailers, with the N-30 and N-50 priced as MSRPs of $499 and $699, respectively.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Zagg announces iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 keyboard lineup
- Logitech announces Create keyboard for iPad Pro
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple acquires artificial intelligence firm Perceptio
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Apple Pay transaction numbers still low overall
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?