Pioneer rolls out four audio systems for iPod, iPhone
Pioneer has rolled out four new sound systems for the iPod and iPhone. The new Audition Series XW-NAS3/-K system features a top-mounted dock, a double isolated frame for improved bass response with less cabinet resonance, a 2.1-channel dynamic digital amplifier, component and composite video outputs, compatibility with Pioneer’s AS-BT100 Bluetooth adapter, and a down-firing subwoofer. It will be available in April in black or white and will sell for $450. The XW-NAV1K-K HTD system is designed to serve as an all-in-one home theater unit, with a built-in dock, 1080p-upscaling DVD/CD player, composite video and HDMI output, a FM tuner, USB connectivity for attaching a USB flash drive or hard drive, a digital amplifier, two full-range speakers with 2.75-inch passive radiators, and an included remote control. It will be available in June with either a black or white frame and will sell for $300.
Pioneer’s XW-NAC1-K and XW-NAC3-K Duo Series systems offer dual top-mounted docks for playback and simultaneous charging, built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming, a “Double Shuffle” feature that plays music from both connected iPods or iPhones, fading the music in and out between songs, auxiliary inputs, composite video outputs and a black-and-white design. In addition, the XW-NAC3-K offers DLNA 1.5 compatibility, and the ability to play Internet radio stations via the vTuner feature. The XW-NAC1-K will be available in May while the XW-NAC3-K will be available in June; the systems will sell for $350 and $450, respectively.
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Typo iPhone keyboard returns, updated, as Typo 2
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today