PlayOn streams Hulu, ESPN3 and more to iPad users
MediaMall Technologies has announced a free update to its PlayOn Premium software enabling media streaming to the iPad over a 3G or Wi-Fi connection. PlayOn is a Windows application designed to place-shift online video content from users’ PCs to various home entertainment and mobile devices including the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and iPhone. The most recent update adds the ability for iPad users to stream video content from providers such as Hulu, Netflix, CBS, MTV and more via the PlayOn media server running on their home PC. Content is streamed directly to the Safari browser using HTML5 and can be accessed from anywhere that a 3G or Wi-Fi Internet connection is available.
Existing PlayOn Premium subscribers can download the update to their PC and begin streaming video to their iPad right away; new users can sign up for a free 14-day trial after which a subscription is required to continue using the service. Subscriptions are priced at $40 for the first year and $20 per year thereafter, with a lifetime license available for $80. The PlayOn software requires Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or later with Internet Explorer 7 and an Internet broadband connection of at least 1.5 Mbps. A free trial of the software can be downloaded from http://www.PlayOn.tv.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015