Pocket God releases Episode 45: Dance Dance Execution
Bolt Creative has released the latest update to Pocket God, its popular episodic microgame for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Pocket God, players assume the role of an all-powerful deity that rules over a group of primitive islanders, exercising a variety of god-like powers to play with, amuse or torment the natives. First released over three years ago, Pocket God has continued to expand and evolve with new features such as powers and characters added in the form of regular, free episodic updates.
The latest update, episode 45 in the series is dubbed Dance Dance Execution and allows players to take their pygmies into a new Dance Room, deep within the Apocalypse temple, and let them boogie on the dance floor, shake it in the go-go cage or inhale gas from organic party balloons. The update also incorporates a mini-game in the style of Tap Tap Revenge and Dance Dance Revolution where the player taps to the rhythm of a dance loop to make a selected pygmy literally dance for his life. A custom dance pack is also available as a $1 in-app purchase providing additional dance tracks and moves for the pygmies to enjoy, including the Elaine Dance, Kony Guy Naked Dance, Hammer Time, Double Dream Hands, Bad Zombie and the YMCA, along with an exclusive track, “The Pygmy Theme,” written and performed by “Nerdcore” punk superstar Parry Grip of Nerf Herder fame. Pocket God is available from the App Store for $1.
- Google Photos, Korg iM1, Moleskine Timepage, AmpliTube 4.0, Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator for iPhone
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple Store, Asphalt 8, Magnetized, PCalc
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple TV adds NatGeo TV channel
- Insteon’s HomeKit-enabled Hub now available
- Apple’s subscription TV service won’t be announced at WWDC next week
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- RooCase Esteem for iPhone 6
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?