Pocket Informant gets major update
Web Information Solutions has updated Pocket Informant, its personal information manager for iOS devices, adding universal and Retina Display support to the iPad version, an upgraded engine for better performance and stability and numerous other new features and enhancements. With Version 2.5, Pocket Informant HD has been renamed Pocket Informant Pro and is now a universal app adding iPhone and iPod touch support to the previously iPad-only version, while the basic iPhone edition of Pocket Informant remains non-universal but has been upgraded with the other new features and improvements.
Pocket Information 2.5 also introduces a online sync service designed specifically for Pocket Informant to allow users to keep their data synchronized across all of their devices, available as an optional in-app purchase. A rewritten iOS Event engine improves performance and allows users to choose between the custom Pocket Informant editor or the standard iOS editor. Users can also now assign multiple locations to a context and assign locations directly an individual task, complete with location alarms. Locations can be bookmarked and users can view recently used locations. Improvements have also been made to managing subtasks and calendar/tag filtering along with a new “Simple task” mode and several improvements to the date picker. Settings, audio notes and the database can also now be backed up and restored via Dropbox. The new version also improves synchronization with Google Tasks and updates Google Calendar support to accommodate the latest changes by Google and adds localizations in Turkish and Korean. Pocket Informant remains available from the App Store in two separate versions: Pocket Informant ($10) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Pocket Informant Pro ($12), a universal app supporting the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Friends, Champ Man 15, Yelp 8.2 + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today