Pocket Informant gets major update
Web Information Solutions has updated Pocket Informant, its personal information manager for iOS devices, adding universal and Retina Display support to the iPad version, an upgraded engine for better performance and stability and numerous other new features and enhancements. With Version 2.5, Pocket Informant HD has been renamed Pocket Informant Pro and is now a universal app adding iPhone and iPod touch support to the previously iPad-only version, while the basic iPhone edition of Pocket Informant remains non-universal but has been upgraded with the other new features and improvements.
Pocket Information 2.5 also introduces a online sync service designed specifically for Pocket Informant to allow users to keep their data synchronized across all of their devices, available as an optional in-app purchase. A rewritten iOS Event engine improves performance and allows users to choose between the custom Pocket Informant editor or the standard iOS editor. Users can also now assign multiple locations to a context and assign locations directly an individual task, complete with location alarms. Locations can be bookmarked and users can view recently used locations. Improvements have also been made to managing subtasks and calendar/tag filtering along with a new “Simple task” mode and several improvements to the date picker. Settings, audio notes and the database can also now be backed up and restored via Dropbox. The new version also improves synchronization with Google Tasks and updates Google Calendar support to accommodate the latest changes by Google and adds localizations in Turkish and Korean. Pocket Informant remains available from the App Store in two separate versions: Pocket Informant ($10) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Pocket Informant Pro ($12), a universal app supporting the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Google Photos, Korg iM1, Moleskine Timepage, AmpliTube 4.0, Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator for iPhone
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple Store, Asphalt 8, Magnetized, PCalc
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple TV adds NatGeo TV channel
- Insteon’s HomeKit-enabled Hub now available
- Apple’s subscription TV service won’t be announced at WWDC next week
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- RooCase Esteem for iPhone 6
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?