Pocket Informant gets major update
Web Information Solutions has updated Pocket Informant, its personal information manager for iOS devices, adding universal and Retina Display support to the iPad version, an upgraded engine for better performance and stability and numerous other new features and enhancements. With Version 2.5, Pocket Informant HD has been renamed Pocket Informant Pro and is now a universal app adding iPhone and iPod touch support to the previously iPad-only version, while the basic iPhone edition of Pocket Informant remains non-universal but has been upgraded with the other new features and improvements.
Pocket Information 2.5 also introduces a online sync service designed specifically for Pocket Informant to allow users to keep their data synchronized across all of their devices, available as an optional in-app purchase. A rewritten iOS Event engine improves performance and allows users to choose between the custom Pocket Informant editor or the standard iOS editor. Users can also now assign multiple locations to a context and assign locations directly an individual task, complete with location alarms. Locations can be bookmarked and users can view recently used locations. Improvements have also been made to managing subtasks and calendar/tag filtering along with a new “Simple task” mode and several improvements to the date picker. Settings, audio notes and the database can also now be backed up and restored via Dropbox. The new version also improves synchronization with Google Tasks and updates Google Calendar support to accommodate the latest changes by Google and adds localizations in Turkish and Korean. Pocket Informant remains available from the App Store in two separate versions: Pocket Informant ($10) for the iPhone and iPod touch and Pocket Informant Pro ($12), a universal app supporting the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?