Pod2Go Windows beta released | iLounge News

Pod2Go Windows beta released

Kainjow has announced the release of the first public beta of Pod2Go for Windows. Previously only available for Mac OS X, the software lets you put a variety of content on your iPod, including news feeds, weather forecasts, movie showtimes, driving directions, lyrics, stock quotes and more. The beta download is free and requires Windows 2000 or XP. You can register now for a discount on the final version.

« iBikeMount for iPod nano announced

EvolutionTV gets real-time video compression for iPod »

Comments

Nice, just downloaded Pod2Go for my iPod, no complaints so far.

Posted by Alaskan on February 15, 2006 at 12:45 PM (PDT)

This is great! I had been looking for a program just like this since I got my iPod 2 months ago. I was very surprised that someone hadn’t already come up with a Windows program of this kind (at least that I could find). I’m using it now, and I love it.

Now if we could just get 5G support for Linux for iPod…

Posted by Jason Martin on February 15, 2006 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

Been using an application called “iPod Agent” on my Win2000 machine for about 4 months now. Think it cost me $15 after a trial period.  Well worth it.  Does everything this product does, plus when you synch your iPod to it, it will also backup specific directories/files you choose.  Very happy with it. If you’re looking for alternatives, check it out.

Posted by Kank on February 15, 2006 at 2:59 PM (PDT)

I downloaded this program but I can’t get it to sync/find my iPod. When I hit the “sync” button in Pod2Go it says it can’t find my iPod and lets me know that I need to have the “Enable disk mode” selected in iTunes.

Well, I went into iTunes and it is checked but it’s not highlighted, meaning that I don’t have the option to check or uncheck so I assume this is the issue. Any ideas?!! I have NO idea why this is happening.

Posted by John on February 16, 2006 at 2:40 PM (PDT)

John, send an email via this form: http://www.kainjow.com/pod2go/feedback/ and we’ll send you an updated version. Thanks.

Posted by Kevin on February 16, 2006 at 2:48 PM (PDT)

Thanks Kevin. I’ve filled out the form and sent it along.

Wouldn’t I have the latest version of Pod2Go since I downloaded it from the site just yesterday?

Posted by John on February 16, 2006 at 4:57 PM (PDT)