Podboard iPod Stand Announced | iLounge News

Podboard iPod Stand Announced

pic

“‘Podboard’ is a stainless steel iPod stand made in Switzerland.  It supports all iPod versions, lets owners create their own skin (i.e.  with calendar, ruler, phone numbers) and share it with others. Price is 44 Swiss Francs (currently about 36 US Dollars). Pre-orders accepted now, shipping starts January 20, 2004.”

« Apple to webcast Macworld Keynote

Lajo announces $10 coupon »

Comments

How elegantly unecessary.

Posted by Sam on January 4, 2004 at 7:06 PM (CST)

Unecessary like an iPod?  I joke, I joke :P.

Posted by CrazyWoolf on January 4, 2004 at 7:35 PM (CST)

Hey, the iPod is an integral part of my life. Well worth the money.

Posted by Sam on January 4, 2004 at 7:47 PM (CST)

Well, the dock is unnecssary as well, if think about it.

For those of us with the 10G model, the dock costs about $50 US, while this costs only about $35 or so, and they serve the same purpose: to hold the iPod in the upright position.

Posted by Sraphim on January 4, 2004 at 9:08 PM (CST)

Don’t forget line out. The dock isn’t worth $50, but it sure is great. Just plug it in.

Posted by Sam on January 4, 2004 at 9:18 PM (CST)

This reminds me of the cheesy silver toned “forged” dock protector that some company was hawking a few months back. Blech.

Is this for the podder who has everything, but taste?

Posted by Spankford on January 4, 2004 at 10:25 PM (CST)

actually, I jack my iPod to my component system when I have guests over and let the shuffle play.  This would look great if you have a nice entertainment system and would like the iPod to look like it’s actually part of it.  As it is, having it in the dock just isn’t pretty.  Wires visible, white iPod on black and silver, etc., etc.  I think I may be getting one of these.  And whoever said that the dock is unecessary is right.  I never use it unless I have the iPod connected to my system.  And it’s expensive, moreso then this thing.

Posted by jacup on January 5, 2004 at 12:18 AM (CST)

I think this is quite nice, it would match my main stereo rig very well. I inquired whether it provides enough space to attach accessoires such as SIK’s imp cable. If so, this would be a very stylish alternative to the standard dock.

Posted by Oliver :) on January 5, 2004 at 12:34 AM (CST)

Well, I would use the dock as soon as I get my 3G iPod (or whatever Steve pulls out of his hat today ;)), but only on my desk in order to connect to the Mac. And I would cover it imediately with my limited edition macmice dockcover.

Posted by Oliver :) on January 5, 2004 at 12:38 AM (CST)

Podboard, huh?

Yeah.

Posted by Z on January 5, 2004 at 8:57 AM (CST)

Pretty pointless lol, but it does look nice.

Posted by Sypher on January 5, 2004 at 1:05 PM (CST)

The problem is that it has no hookup; no signal out jack, power charging, or navigation buttons.  The buttons are not a problem I guess but it is not as usefull as the dock.

Posted by indolering on January 6, 2004 at 1:17 AM (CST)