PodBrix iPod-using Lego mini figure debuts | iLounge News

PodBrix iPod-using Lego mini figure debuts

pic PodBrix is a custom designed Lego mini figure inspired by Apple’s silhouette iPod ad campaign. “The ‘1K Brix’ PodBrix Minifig is a limited numbered edition of 300 units. Hand created by artist Tomi, each figure stands just 1.75-inches tall. Included is a minimalist card backdrop for displaying your figure. The reverse of the backdrop displays the limited edition unit number and is signed by Tomi. Keep in mind that each figure is a unique mini work of art. This is not a toy and can certainly be damaged if not handled with care.” The PodBrix is priced at $16.99.

« Tunewear intros new iPod carrying pouch

Mix: iPod shuffle RAID, Napster To Go, Pod world, Zombies »

Comments

awwww its cute but not for me

Posted by Carmen in NYC on February 7, 2005 at 11:13 AM (CST)

Perhaps its just me, but does anyone find paying $17 for something you could make yourself by going to a toystore, or even carboot sale, and just buying that figure, and drawing some iPod thing on the tab type peices they use…?

The iPod name seems to be going to an extreme, if they made the iPod docks on the other hand…

Posted by silver_haze on February 7, 2005 at 11:31 AM (CST)

why?

Posted by schaaking in Minneapolis on February 7, 2005 at 11:43 AM (CST)

Why?  Because it’s there…

Seriously, I bet you can get the necessary minifig parts on Brickshelf for about 5 bucks…

Still, I think it looks cool…If it were 10, I just might buy one, simply for the novelty.

Posted by Cameron T. on February 7, 2005 at 12:30 PM (CST)

Sorry, I meant BrickLINK.  Not Brickshelf.

Posted by Cameron T. on February 7, 2005 at 12:36 PM (CST)

This is bogus.  At least have it say something funny, “1000 Bricks in your pocket?”  WEAK.  Why not allow people to pick their background color and their caption, then it might be worth $17.  I think we are reaching a point where ipod consumers are being tested for stupidity.  A $.05 toy that has been painted black on a color printout for $17 and you can’t even play with it with fear of ruining it.  Wait for Lego to put something out themselves or just do nothing.

Posted by calvinkronenberg in usa on February 7, 2005 at 12:42 PM (CST)

Everybody is trying to cash in on the iPod image. It’s not art… it’s copyright infringement if you ask me. Where’s an Apple lawyer when you need one?

Posted by FallN in New York, NY on February 7, 2005 at 12:43 PM (CST)

“Keep in mind that this is a work of art!”

“Handle it carefully!”

Signed and numbered by someone you’ve never heard of before!”

“Pay too much money for it!”

“The best boondogle since iPod socks!”

See ya
Steve

Posted by Stephen Worth in North Hollywood, CA on February 7, 2005 at 1:08 PM (CST)

2 words…...What? Why?

Posted by 1PodHead on February 7, 2005 at 1:27 PM (CST)

cute!  but I’d buy extra headphones.

Posted by Earl in New York on February 7, 2005 at 1:28 PM (CST)

It’s items like this that makes me realize just how much I’d rather have no new article on iPodLounge than wade through this “news”.  File this dreck on LegoLounge or something.

If I built a replica of an iPod out of Lincoln Logs, could I get mentioned on iPodLounge too?  I mean, it almost marginally has something to do with iPods, and that must be the criteria.  Right?  Maybe if I photoshop my 5th birthday party pictures so that I’m silhouetted against a hot pink background, and turn my cake into a clickwheel…I bet that would be Loungeworthy.  I bet I could sell them, too.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on February 7, 2005 at 1:34 PM (CST)

Why buy an iPod carrying lego character? Same reason that you own an iPod in the first place.

Both are cute, eccentric and unneccessary.

I am ordering two.

Posted by Seishi in Seattle on February 7, 2005 at 1:37 PM (CST)

You can carry and listen to the better part of your music collection on a Lego-block toy?  Because that’s why I bought an iPod.

Order two.  Have fun not playing with them.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on February 7, 2005 at 2:20 PM (CST)

Let me be the first to say to you PushButtonAction, if you created an iPod out of Lincoln Logs and really made it look good, I’d buy it and put on my desk so that people at work would think of me as the wierd guy completely obsessed with iPods.  Maybe that is the appeal of this piece of Lego “art”.  Make people think you are crazy or that you like to waste money, or both, buy the PodBrix figure.

However, if you were to try and sell your photoshopped version of your 5th birthday party, I would not buy it.  I would pay to have it done for my children at ipodmyphoto.com.  Those things are cool!

Posted by calvinkronenberg in usa on February 7, 2005 at 3:38 PM (CST)

weLL….300 of them sold in less than 12 hours. That must say something….

( I bought 2! )

Posted by spiKepOd in PORTLAND on February 7, 2005 at 6:03 PM (CST)

Seishi has too much money. $34 for 20 lego pieces?

200 black lego pieces for $4. Build dozens on your own, add a green piece of paper, sell for $14 a pop.

Go to hell for said actions.

Posted by Asher in Oakland, CA on February 7, 2005 at 6:16 PM (CST)

Asher - Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for doing the research. How many are you gonna order from me?

Don’t worry I’ll put in a good word with Satan.

Posted by Seishi in Seattle on February 7, 2005 at 8:01 PM (CST)

CalvinKronenberg… How do you know 300 sold in 12 hours? Do you work for the people making these things? Do we have shills in this thread?

See ya
Steve

Posted by Stephen Worth in North Hollywood, CA on February 8, 2005 at 1:24 AM (CST)

I think it was less than 12 hours.  They sold out by late afternoon.  I bought two.

Posted by yyoo on February 8, 2005 at 3:37 AM (CST)

Steve,
If you go to the site and go to the buy page, it’ll tell you they’re out of stock… geez.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on February 8, 2005 at 7:55 AM (CST)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >