PodBuddies figurine holds iPod shuffle | iLounge News

PodBuddies figurine holds iPod shuffle

pic PodBuddies has announced a new line of iPod-themed handmade figurines. The first piece in the PodBuddies collection is “PodBoy ver. 1.0,” which is designed to hold and display an iPod shuffle. PodBoy is made of oven-baked polymer clay and will be hand numbered and signed on the bottom by the artist “Ivy.” PodBoy will be limited to 100 pieces and is priced at $15. PodBuddies said their next figurine would be a take on the iPod silhouette commercials.

« Download Now: iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2005

BlogMatrix revamps Sparks! podcasting solution »

Comments

(....Let’s see how to convey my detest for this the latest peice of iGarbage, without triping up the ‘Cesorbot’???)

WTF; When will this barage of iShi(r)t end! First we have a few cute iPod holders ‘Kubricks’‘, ok. Then we hop down the Bunny Trail and have little ‘Lego Men’, which someone had the increadably great idea to spray in a Flat-Jet-Black and tryed peddle ther curd here. Again. Ok then come the great Shuffle Shi(r)t, and it Cousin the iShi(r)t.

MY FREAKING GOD STOP THIS FREAK’N INSANITY!!!

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 10:20 AM (CST)

i second that…

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 11:29 AM (CST)

Absolutely absurd.  Do people actually buy this crap?

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 11:49 AM (CST)

I could just go dig up an old lego figure out of the basement that would probably hold my shuffle just as well,  and it wouldn’t cost me $15.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 11:57 AM (CST)

Not only is it getting sick with all this worthless junk but I am sick of companies adding $20 to the price of something just because it goes with the ipod. I am disgusted at all these $3 shuffle skins that go for $25 a PIECE!

The only ipod accessorie that I consider to be justified in being overpriced is the vaja case. I am willing to pay $20 more then it’s worth because it’s so cool and well made but the rest of this crap,these companies need to get a clue.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 12:24 PM (CST)

Actually thought it was not a bad thing. Been a lurker for a while on these posts but after seeing such negative comments on this one, thought I would post.  Purchased two of the PodBuddies as gifts for my kids.  Liked the fact they were a hand made item and not a remake like some of the other pieces out there.  Nice gift - like them alot - would like to see others including a girl figurine.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 12:28 PM (CST)

I think they are a good gift as well. Especially considering they are limited, thats pretty cool.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 12:37 PM (CST)

This has to stop.  All of this is junk.  You can’t just put the shuffle in your pocket or on your desk?  Sheeesh.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 12:38 PM (CST)

This is borderline commemorative plate action.  Who would buy this crap?

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 1:19 PM (CST)

This is ridiculous. It’s laughable. Would anybody actually buy such a thing? I think it’s preposterous! Lamentable! Opportunistic! Although I suppose it is limited edition, that’s pretty cool. Could be a good gift as well. Actually thought it was not a bad thing. No, it could be much worse. My girlfriend might like it. It’s quite cute really! It’s numbered on the bottom! It’s collectable! It’s well sexy! I’ve got to have one! More! More!

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 1:53 PM (CST)

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Apple fanatic.  THEY.  BUY.  ANYTHING.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 2:25 PM (CST)

If they can make money, I say more power to them.  No one is forcing anyone to buy this product.

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 2:35 PM (CST)

A gift for your kids. That’s great! It’ll end up in the box with all of the useless Happy Meal toys. Why buy kids such useless crap? Shaking my head in wonderment (or, is it Wondermints).

zumpfelski

“A parent’s job is to give their kids everything they need and very little of what they want.”

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 3:25 PM (CST)

The more disturbing part may be getting kids an iPod to begin with :D

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 4:11 PM (CST)

oh good, a gift for the 70 year old women ipod shuffle owners.  (no offense if there are any out there)

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 6:47 PM (CST)

Goodness, what’s next? Websites devoted to photographs of iPods Around The World?

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 9:37 PM (CST)

crap

Posted by LC Angell on March 28, 2005 at 10:14 PM (CST)

Why doesn’t someone have the decency to Market something really usefull? Like a USB Switchblade attachment.

Uh you wan’t my iPood… Uh ok Snap….

At least those poor fools could have the opertunity to at least try to defend themselves, while beeing mugged… :s

Posted by LC Angell on March 29, 2005 at 3:25 AM (CST)

* Poor Fools in there iShirts / Shuffle Shirts….

Posted by LC Angell on March 29, 2005 at 3:26 AM (CST)

I can use one of my nephews old Lego man that will do the same thing and will not cost me a dime.

Posted by LC Angell on March 29, 2005 at 8:54 AM (CST)