PodBuddies figurine holds iPod shuffle | iLounge News

PodBuddies figurine holds iPod shuffle

pic PodBuddies has announced a new line of iPod-themed handmade figurines. The first piece in the PodBuddies collection is “PodBoy ver. 1.0,” which is designed to hold and display an iPod shuffle. PodBoy is made of oven-baked polymer clay and will be hand numbered and signed on the bottom by the artist “Ivy.” PodBoy will be limited to 100 pieces and is priced at $15. PodBuddies said their next figurine would be a take on the iPod silhouette commercials.

« Download Now: iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2005

BlogMatrix revamps Sparks! podcasting solution »

Comments

(....Let’s see how to convey my detest for this the latest peice of iGarbage, without triping up the ‘Cesorbot’???)

WTF; When will this barage of iShi(r)t end! First we have a few cute iPod holders ‘Kubricks’‘, ok. Then we hop down the Bunny Trail and have little ‘Lego Men’, which someone had the increadably great idea to spray in a Flat-Jet-Black and tryed peddle ther curd here. Again. Ok then come the great Shuffle Shi(r)t, and it Cousin the iShi(r)t.

MY FREAKING GOD STOP THIS FREAK’N INSANITY!!!

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 28, 2005 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

i second that…

Posted by apple juice in USA on March 28, 2005 at 9:29 AM (PDT)

Absolutely absurd.  Do people actually buy this crap?

Posted by sechannell in United States on March 28, 2005 at 9:49 AM (PDT)

I could just go dig up an old lego figure out of the basement that would probably hold my shuffle just as well,  and it wouldn’t cost me $15.

Posted by ACLeroK212 on March 28, 2005 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Not only is it getting sick with all this worthless junk but I am sick of companies adding $20 to the price of something just because it goes with the ipod. I am disgusted at all these $3 shuffle skins that go for $25 a PIECE!

The only ipod accessorie that I consider to be justified in being overpriced is the vaja case. I am willing to pay $20 more then it’s worth because it’s so cool and well made but the rest of this crap,these companies need to get a clue.

Posted by CanofAir on March 28, 2005 at 10:24 AM (PDT)

Actually thought it was not a bad thing. Been a lurker for a while on these posts but after seeing such negative comments on this one, thought I would post.  Purchased two of the PodBuddies as gifts for my kids.  Liked the fact they were a hand made item and not a remake like some of the other pieces out there.  Nice gift - like them alot - would like to see others including a girl figurine.

Posted by luv2ipod on March 28, 2005 at 10:28 AM (PDT)

I think they are a good gift as well. Especially considering they are limited, thats pretty cool.

Posted by Alienex on March 28, 2005 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

This has to stop.  All of this is junk.  You can’t just put the shuffle in your pocket or on your desk?  Sheeesh.

Posted by m. sherman in Northern VA on March 28, 2005 at 10:38 AM (PDT)

This is borderline commemorative plate action.  Who would buy this crap?

Posted by petro on March 28, 2005 at 11:19 AM (PDT)

This is ridiculous. It’s laughable. Would anybody actually buy such a thing? I think it’s preposterous! Lamentable! Opportunistic! Although I suppose it is limited edition, that’s pretty cool. Could be a good gift as well. Actually thought it was not a bad thing. No, it could be much worse. My girlfriend might like it. It’s quite cute really! It’s numbered on the bottom! It’s collectable! It’s well sexy! I’ve got to have one! More! More!

Posted by Magic Rabbits in Aberdeen, Scotland on March 28, 2005 at 11:53 AM (PDT)

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Apple fanatic.  THEY.  BUY.  ANYTHING.

Posted by stark23x on March 28, 2005 at 12:25 PM (PDT)

If they can make money, I say more power to them.  No one is forcing anyone to buy this product.

Posted by Cameron T. on March 28, 2005 at 12:35 PM (PDT)

A gift for your kids. That’s great! It’ll end up in the box with all of the useless Happy Meal toys. Why buy kids such useless crap? Shaking my head in wonderment (or, is it Wondermints).

zumpfelski

“A parent’s job is to give their kids everything they need and very little of what they want.”

Posted by zumpp99 in Western NY on March 28, 2005 at 1:25 PM (PDT)

The more disturbing part may be getting kids an iPod to begin with :D

Posted by Nagromme on March 28, 2005 at 2:11 PM (PDT)

oh good, a gift for the 70 year old women ipod shuffle owners.  (no offense if there are any out there)

Posted by deepshallows in Maybrook NY USA on March 28, 2005 at 4:47 PM (PDT)

Goodness, what’s next? Websites devoted to photographs of iPods Around The World?

Posted by Seishi in Seattle on March 28, 2005 at 7:37 PM (PDT)

crap

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on March 28, 2005 at 8:14 PM (PDT)

Why doesn’t someone have the decency to Market something really usefull? Like a USB Switchblade attachment.

Uh you wan’t my iPood… Uh ok Snap….

At least those poor fools could have the opertunity to at least try to defend themselves, while beeing mugged… :s

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 29, 2005 at 1:25 AM (PDT)

* Poor Fools in there iShirts / Shuffle Shirts….

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 29, 2005 at 1:26 AM (PDT)

I can use one of my nephews old Lego man that will do the same thing and will not cost me a dime.

Posted by LDRiPod in Redondo Beach on March 29, 2005 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >