PodPac pattern available for $1.35
John Corbin, the creator of the PodPac iPod wrap has announced the PodPac pattern for download for $1.35. The PDF document can be printed and used to cut your own PodPac out of vinyl.
Update: We asked John Corbin for sources to purchase vinyl, and he emailed a response with the following.
Vinyl can be purchased at most local fabric shops. National chains include Hancock Fabrics and Jo-Ann Fabrics. The online stores only sell vinyl by the roll, but you can locate stores from their websites. Most shops will sell a minimum of 36"X 54” for about $3-4. Vinyl from 8 mils to 16 mils works well. Most colored vinyls only come in 10 mils, but the clear vinyl comes in many thicknesses.
Original iPod wrap maker moves ahead
Podpac Patterns available for $1.35
Beginning today, patterns for the Podpac are available from our online store (www.podpac.com) for only $1.35.
Apple has simplified the iPod’s ease of use to the point where a complex pattern is no longer needed. Anyone with a little patience can now make 10-20 Podpacs for what one used to cost when shipped. The patterns are in downloadable PDF format and will print on any printer that uses Letter-size paper
“This is our way of saying thanks to the thousands of people from around the world who have bought Podpacs,” said John Corbin, president of Podpac.com.
About the Podpac: The Podpac began sales in December, 2001 as the original iPod clear plastic cover. It shipped in clear, pink, blue, green, and yellow colors and with an attached belt-clip.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today