PodPac pattern available for $1.35
John Corbin, the creator of the PodPac iPod wrap has announced the PodPac pattern for download for $1.35. The PDF document can be printed and used to cut your own PodPac out of vinyl.
Update: We asked John Corbin for sources to purchase vinyl, and he emailed a response with the following.
Vinyl can be purchased at most local fabric shops. National chains include Hancock Fabrics and Jo-Ann Fabrics. The online stores only sell vinyl by the roll, but you can locate stores from their websites. Most shops will sell a minimum of 36"X 54” for about $3-4. Vinyl from 8 mils to 16 mils works well. Most colored vinyls only come in 10 mils, but the clear vinyl comes in many thicknesses.
Original iPod wrap maker moves ahead
Podpac Patterns available for $1.35
Beginning today, patterns for the Podpac are available from our online store (www.podpac.com) for only $1.35.
Apple has simplified the iPod’s ease of use to the point where a complex pattern is no longer needed. Anyone with a little patience can now make 10-20 Podpacs for what one used to cost when shipped. The patterns are in downloadable PDF format and will print on any printer that uses Letter-size paper
“This is our way of saying thanks to the thousands of people from around the world who have bought Podpacs,” said John Corbin, president of Podpac.com.
About the Podpac: The Podpac began sales in December, 2001 as the original iPod clear plastic cover. It shipped in clear, pink, blue, green, and yellow colors and with an attached belt-clip.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?