PodPac pattern available for $1.35
John Corbin, the creator of the PodPac iPod wrap has announced the PodPac pattern for download for $1.35. The PDF document can be printed and used to cut your own PodPac out of vinyl.
Update: We asked John Corbin for sources to purchase vinyl, and he emailed a response with the following.
Vinyl can be purchased at most local fabric shops. National chains include Hancock Fabrics and Jo-Ann Fabrics. The online stores only sell vinyl by the roll, but you can locate stores from their websites. Most shops will sell a minimum of 36"X 54” for about $3-4. Vinyl from 8 mils to 16 mils works well. Most colored vinyls only come in 10 mils, but the clear vinyl comes in many thicknesses.
Original iPod wrap maker moves ahead
Podpac Patterns available for $1.35
Beginning today, patterns for the Podpac are available from our online store (www.podpac.com) for only $1.35.
Apple has simplified the iPod’s ease of use to the point where a complex pattern is no longer needed. Anyone with a little patience can now make 10-20 Podpacs for what one used to cost when shipped. The patterns are in downloadable PDF format and will print on any printer that uses Letter-size paper
“This is our way of saying thanks to the thousands of people from around the world who have bought Podpacs,” said John Corbin, president of Podpac.com.
About the Podpac: The Podpac began sales in December, 2001 as the original iPod clear plastic cover. It shipped in clear, pink, blue, green, and yellow colors and with an attached belt-clip.
- Fabricate announces Nearbuds for AirPods
- Delayed BeatsX headphones to hit stores Feb. 10
- Apple releases firmware 3.5.1 update for AirPods
- Spigen AirPods Stand coming in mid-February
- New Griffin Home lineup includes app-enabled Connected Mirror, Coffee Maker, Toaster
- Kanex reveals GoPlay Sidekick wireless game controller for iOS devices, Apple TV
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- Apple reveals(RED) iPhone 7, 7 Plus models, doubles storage of iPhone SE
- Apple drops 32GB iPad mini 4, reduces price of 128GB model and discontinues iPad mini 2
- Apple unveils new upgraded entry-level 9.7” iPad, replacing iPad Air 2
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10