PodPac pattern available for $1.35
John Corbin, the creator of the PodPac iPod wrap has announced the PodPac pattern for download for $1.35. The PDF document can be printed and used to cut your own PodPac out of vinyl.
Update: We asked John Corbin for sources to purchase vinyl, and he emailed a response with the following.
Vinyl can be purchased at most local fabric shops. National chains include Hancock Fabrics and Jo-Ann Fabrics. The online stores only sell vinyl by the roll, but you can locate stores from their websites. Most shops will sell a minimum of 36"X 54” for about $3-4. Vinyl from 8 mils to 16 mils works well. Most colored vinyls only come in 10 mils, but the clear vinyl comes in many thicknesses.
Original iPod wrap maker moves ahead
Podpac Patterns available for $1.35
Beginning today, patterns for the Podpac are available from our online store (www.podpac.com) for only $1.35.
Apple has simplified the iPod’s ease of use to the point where a complex pattern is no longer needed. Anyone with a little patience can now make 10-20 Podpacs for what one used to cost when shipped. The patterns are in downloadable PDF format and will print on any printer that uses Letter-size paper
“This is our way of saying thanks to the thousands of people from around the world who have bought Podpacs,” said John Corbin, president of Podpac.com.
About the Podpac: The Podpac began sales in December, 2001 as the original iPod clear plastic cover. It shipped in clear, pink, blue, green, and yellow colors and with an attached belt-clip.
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Logitech acquires Jaybird
- Apple issues voluntary recall for certain AC wall plug adapters
- CES: CableJive, Macally + Puregear
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)