PodsPlus offers TopSkin case for 2G iPod nano | iLounge News

PodsPlus offers TopSkin case for 2G iPod nano

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, September 29, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

PodsPlus has announced a new version of its TopSkin silicone case for the second-generation iPod nano. Available in five colors to match the colors of the nano, the TopSkin ($12) features a play-through Click Wheel covering, a hard plastic screen protector, and a lanyard neck strap.

« Podcast Ready releases myPodder with iPod support

Report: Apple, Wal-Mart in talks over movie alliance »

Comments

how come in the pics the plastic screen looks like it doesnt fit the case well?

Posted by oneteen on September 29, 2006 at 6:39 PM (PDT)

can you use a 2g case on a 1g nano?
(is it the same size?)

Posted by LawnBoy04 on October 1, 2006 at 6:19 AM (PDT)

I’m not sure about the flexible, skin cases, but my hard case for the original nano won’t fit the 2G nano.  The 1G nano has rounded corners, whereas the 2G has straight corners.  so while they are about the same size, they are built just differently enough that they won’t fit.  And another considreation is that the dock connector and headphone jacks are spaced wider on the 2G, so while a flexible case might work between the two models, you may have some difficulty plugging in cables.  There are THOUSANDS of 1G cases out there.  Check out Matias or EZGear because I think both have slashed their 1G case prices.

Posted by Anonymous on October 1, 2006 at 11:47 AM (PDT)

is this case durable? has anyone used it before? i just got a 2G nano and all i need is a silicone case that covers the screen and wheel.

Posted by mikey on October 1, 2006 at 2:48 PM (PDT)

I bought one.  They are cheap, but $5.99 to ship USPS.  I think that’s kind of a ripoff.  It seems silly to get a case for something clad in aluminum, but I break stuff.  So, after scratching the crap out of my 1G nano, I bought one of these until a metal case is available.  I’m thinking a case made by Yotank.

Posted by Anonymous on October 1, 2006 at 4:10 PM (PDT)

so do u recommend this? is it sturdy?

Posted by mikey on October 1, 2006 at 7:18 PM (PDT)

This looks like a nice product. I especially like the lanyard option.

ONLY THING: I REFUSE TO PAY $6 TO SHIP SUCH A LIGHT ITEM.

If it hits some stores I’ll buy it. Otherwise…no way.

Posted by 4metta on October 1, 2006 at 8:11 PM (PDT)

It’s cheap and does the job until a hard case is available.  The case fits tight.  The screen protector is just a loos piece of plastic and slips in after the ipod is in the case.  The bottom is open, with no protection.  I will buy a Matias, EzGear, or YoTank case when they come out because I break stuff.  If you just use your iPod in the library, or you aren’t active, then this is fine.  If you are running, skateboarding, mountainbiking, this case will keep the scratches off if you don’t crash.  But if you fall, your iPod is toast.  You need a hard case.  Either plastic or metal.  Yeah, it adds weight, but it will work afterward.  I balked at thr $5.99 shipping, as well.

Posted by Anonymous on October 2, 2006 at 3:56 PM (PDT)

yeah i think i will wait for another silicone case to come out…i want some bottom protection! only thing is that most silicone cases dont offer the plastic screen protection, which is what i’m into buying to cover up the screen. thanks for the responses.

Posted by mikey on October 2, 2006 at 7:22 PM (PDT)

mikey wrote:  “yeah i think i will wait for another silicone case to come out…”

Why silicone?

Posted by Anonymous on October 3, 2006 at 9:27 AM (PDT)

^i’m more comfortable with it. it’s light and effective (in my opinion)and also is affordable. (under $25)

Posted by mikey on October 3, 2006 at 5:20 PM (PDT)