Poetstyle announces the Hepburn Bag for iPod | iLounge News

Poetstyle announces the Hepburn Bag for iPod

pic Today we received an email from a David Wong in Hong Kong who has designed his own iPod case. Inspired by the late actress, Audrey Hepburn, David has created the sheep skin Hepburn Bag for iPod. “I love [to] design things and would like to see if a stylish design, with thoughts and characters behind it can win over the “You-have-seen-it-all-computer-accessory” stuff. After all, I love my iPod and its spirit; I really believe that it deserves a more classy fashion statement.” The Hepburn Bag includes a belt clip and detachable carry strap. The case is available for pre-order for $26 and will be available next month. Limited production of 100 only.

« Vice Presidential debate available for free download

Analyst says iPods very popular with teens »

Comments

Neat.  Since this is up there, I should mention that I’m developing a new iPod dock inspired by Imelda Marcos.

Posted by Anonymous on October 7, 2004 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

Wow…  that English hurt my head…. Engrish rules.

Posted by Me on October 7, 2004 at 8:39 AM (PDT)

I don’t see anything majorly wrong with David Wongs English. Don’t be racist, just because he’s from Hong Kong. Grow up, and read the news post for what it is.

Posted by foofoo on October 7, 2004 at 10:14 AM (PDT)

I agree, it’s not that bad. My Japanese teacher in high school was a lot of fun to listen to. She was a nice lady…

Seriously though, what Me said was kind of funny…

Posted by Rogan San on October 7, 2004 at 11:34 AM (PDT)

If you didn’t know, most Hong Kong chinese speak the King’s english, as they were a British colony oh not so long ago. And believe me, it sounds more like Prince Charles than pidgen-english.

Posted by KenC on October 7, 2004 at 12:00 PM (PDT)

most people who find humour in “engrish” sadly come from a country where most of its inhabitants can barely handle just one language..

pa-pow!

Posted by jizmondo on October 7, 2004 at 12:05 PM (PDT)

“Me”... you narrow minded… Why don’t you focus on the product? Oh, I see… It’s easy to be EnglishCentric right? How many languages do you speak? Can you communicate with others in a different language? Do you know where’s Hong Kong? Anyway, discrimination is still extremelly popular, and this is not a forum for that. BTW, if my English is not that good is because it’s not my mother’s language wink

Posted by elwilly on October 7, 2004 at 2:25 PM (PDT)

jizmondo

you hit the nail on the head

Posted by pod4 on October 7, 2004 at 2:38 PM (PDT)

Dear all, please forgive my poor English and communication skills. I know it is poor writing on the website and I am grateful for your patience. When I was set ting up the website, my friends suggested me to share my inspiration of design so friends and customers could have some ideas on the process. I will continue to improve the website and hope you will give me more ideas, comments on the bag and all, thanks ^_^

Posted by David Wong on October 7, 2004 at 5:43 PM (PDT)

Nice work David, and good luck with your cases!

Posted by wired on October 7, 2004 at 11:26 PM (PDT)

Nice work David, please don’t take notice of those who didn’t care about your design.

I believe the majority of viewers to this site are not racist and your english is far better than some native people.

Posted by quentin in France on October 8, 2004 at 2:50 AM (PDT)

Looks great.  It’s nice that you actually took it from thinking about it to doing it.  That puts you ahead of 98% of people.

Posted by VegasRobb on October 8, 2004 at 4:25 AM (PDT)

David, I agree with the wired and quentin… please don’t pay attention to tiny minds. obviously your product is tasteful and well intentioned.

Posted by mvague on October 8, 2004 at 6:28 AM (PDT)

I think its very tastful, lady like even

Posted by Carmen in NYC on October 8, 2004 at 9:06 AM (PDT)

Love that!

Posted by Not me on October 10, 2004 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

Hey David, Cool idea to only produce 100…just enough to get a new G5!

Say, perhaps you can have Tiffany’s of New York sell a few for you at a hefty mark-up…maybe make a limited-limited edition in Tiffany turquoise!

Posted by notMeToo on October 10, 2004 at 8:42 PM (PDT)

Wow, thanks for you guys’ cool ideas. Actually the responses so far are quite good and I am working very hard to get the mini size version, to put on sale as soon as possible. thanks a lot. ^_^

David Wong

Posted by David Wong on October 10, 2004 at 10:55 PM (PDT)