Poll results: How small is your smallest iPod?
With over 5,000 votes cast, last week’s Lounge Poll has now closed. The question was: “How small is your smallest iPod?”, and the results were very interesting - especially when compared against the previous poll, “How large is your biggest iPod?”
In our prior poll, we saw that nearly 75% of responding readers had an iPod of 20GB or higher, with very few (3%) relying on the iPod shuffle as their biggest iPod. Today’s poll suggests that the iPod shuffle has done substantially better as a backup, second iPod, with 16% of respondants indicating ownership of 512MB or 1GB models, and that the 4GB iPod is also popular for this reason. For more details, click on Read More, below.
Our new Lounge Poll, “How much space is left on your primary iPod?” has now opened. You can find it in the left column under Ask iLounge.
The most interesting finding in today’s poll was a 20% difference between readers with 20GB and larger iPods as their biggest iPods, and those with 20GB and larger iPods as their smallest iPods. Given the large sample size, we could infer from the results that this 20% difference is attributable to people who own more than one iPod, such that approximately 1/5 of all respondants use an iPod mini or shuffle in addition to their full-sized iPod.
Here’s a snapshot of the closed poll. For more poll results, visit the Closed Polls page here.
How did the numbers change from the “Largest” poll to the “Smallest?” Here’s a breakdown.
iPod Model - Largest/Smallest (Change in %)
60GB - 12%/9% (-3%)
40GB - 21%/12% (-9%)
30GB - 12%/9% (-3%)
20GB - 29%/24% (-5%)
15GB - 5%/4% (-1%)
10GB- 3%/3% (0)
6GB - 4%/4% (0)
5GB - 1%/2% (+1%)
4GB - 10%/16% (+6%)
1GB - 1%/8% (+7%)
512MB - 2%/8% (+6%)
Thanks for your votes!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Apple leaves iOS 10 kernel open to scrutiny
- Judge throws out ‘Error 53’ lawsuit against Apple
- Chinese company in iPhone patent fight is all but defunct
- Apple adds nine more apps to universal search in Apple TV
- WSJ: iPhone to see modest changes this year, eliminate headphone jack
- China tightening restrictions on mobile games starting next month
- Supreme Court patent ruling bodes well for future Apple cases
- Apple to pay $400M to consumers over e-book price fixing case
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
- Twelve South BookBook for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Spigen Rugged Armor, Style Armor + Wallet S for iPhone SE
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app