Poll Results: Will You Line Up for iPhone? (58/42)
The results of our most recent iLounge Poll are in, and they’re surprising: a shockingly high percentage of iLounge readers said that they were planning to line up for the iPhone’s June 29 release.
With nearly 2,500 votes cast, a total of 42% of iLounge readers said that they’ll stand in line for the iPhone launch, with only a small fraction (1/7 of that crowd) saying they’d go just to see the iPhone, and not buy one. The rest said that they were planning to buy the iPhone so long as AT&T’s contracts weren’t too expensive—a little over half of the “yes” votes said they’d buy iPhones no matter how much the contracts cost. Around a third of the “yes” pool said that contract pricing might stop them from buying an iPhone.
The remaining 58% said “no,” they wouldn’t line up for iPhone—a number that increased as Apple released more information, and early reviews began to appear. Some users said that they were not at all interested in iPhone, or that they were interested, but not at current prices. However, some “no” votes were people who wanted to see or buy iPhone but were unwilling to wait in line to do so.
Our new poll, “Which do you want more, an iPhone or a new iPod?” is now live on iLounge.com’s main page, in the left-hand column under iLounge poll. Please register your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app