Poll Results: Will You Line Up for iPhone? (58/42)
The results of our most recent iLounge Poll are in, and they’re surprising: a shockingly high percentage of iLounge readers said that they were planning to line up for the iPhone’s June 29 release.
With nearly 2,500 votes cast, a total of 42% of iLounge readers said that they’ll stand in line for the iPhone launch, with only a small fraction (1/7 of that crowd) saying they’d go just to see the iPhone, and not buy one. The rest said that they were planning to buy the iPhone so long as AT&T’s contracts weren’t too expensive—a little over half of the “yes” votes said they’d buy iPhones no matter how much the contracts cost. Around a third of the “yes” pool said that contract pricing might stop them from buying an iPhone.
The remaining 58% said “no,” they wouldn’t line up for iPhone—a number that increased as Apple released more information, and early reviews began to appear. Some users said that they were not at all interested in iPhone, or that they were interested, but not at current prices. However, some “no” votes were people who wanted to see or buy iPhone but were unwilling to wait in line to do so.
Our new poll, “Which do you want more, an iPhone or a new iPod?” is now live on iLounge.com’s main page, in the left-hand column under iLounge poll. Please register your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Report: AirPods delay due to problems with wireless audio synchronization
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10