Poll Results: You really want new video iPods
The results of our last iLounge Poll are in, and the message is clear: 94% of responding readers really want new video-ready iPods.
A staggering 80% of the over 3,300 voters said that they wanted a hard disk-based touchscreen video iPod, with over two-thirds of that group hoping that the device would also include wireless wi-fi functionality. An additional 14% said that they were looking forward to smaller, flash-based video iPods: 6% said that they wanted a nano-sized iPod with a 2” video screen, while 8% indicated a preference for a thinner, flash-based version of the fifth-generation iPod similar to the “spy shots” that circulated last week. Only 6% said that they were most interested in cheaper, higher-capacity versions of today’s nano or shuffle models.
These results are especially interesting when considered in combination with our last poll, which was taken during the introduction of the iPhone. At the time, it was obvious that the demand for next-generation video iPods was soundly outstripping demand for iPhones, and that fewer than 1 in 10 responding readers were satisfied enough with current models not to want to upgrade.
We’ve just launched our new Poll, “Which way would you most prefer to play your iTunes media?” Find the poll on the left column of the main iLounge.com page, and submit your response today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 10.3 + watchOS 3.2 to developers
- Third-party screen repairs no longer void iPhone warranty
- iDevices adds dynamic automation, enhanced scheduling to ‘Connected’ app for HomeKit
- Apple reports that iOS 10.2.1 significantly reduces unexpected iPhone 6s shutdown issues
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10