Poll Results: You really want new video iPods
The results of our last iLounge Poll are in, and the message is clear: 94% of responding readers really want new video-ready iPods.
A staggering 80% of the over 3,300 voters said that they wanted a hard disk-based touchscreen video iPod, with over two-thirds of that group hoping that the device would also include wireless wi-fi functionality. An additional 14% said that they were looking forward to smaller, flash-based video iPods: 6% said that they wanted a nano-sized iPod with a 2” video screen, while 8% indicated a preference for a thinner, flash-based version of the fifth-generation iPod similar to the “spy shots” that circulated last week. Only 6% said that they were most interested in cheaper, higher-capacity versions of today’s nano or shuffle models.
These results are especially interesting when considered in combination with our last poll, which was taken during the introduction of the iPhone. At the time, it was obvious that the demand for next-generation video iPods was soundly outstripping demand for iPhones, and that fewer than 1 in 10 responding readers were satisfied enough with current models not to want to upgrade.
We’ve just launched our new Poll, “Which way would you most prefer to play your iTunes media?” Find the poll on the left column of the main iLounge.com page, and submit your response today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps