Polls: iPod use opened, iPod touch closed | iLounge News

Polls: iPod use opened, iPod touch closed

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Friday, September 28, 2007
News Categories: Site News

One of our earliest iLounge Polls—back in June 2005—asked readers “What do you use your iPod for?” Today, we’ve launched a modified version of the same poll to see how things have changed since then: “What do you use your iPod(s) for?”

The updated question lets you provide an across the board answer for one or more iPods, and provides options ranging from audio to photos, videos, games, and data storage, highlighting the ways that iPods have grown over the past two years. Cast your vote now in the iLounge Poll, found on the left-most column of the iLounge.com home page!

Our prior poll, “Did Apple drop the ball with iPod touch’s storage?”, is now closed. With over 4,250 votes cast, the majority of responding readers (56%) said “yes,” and that they wouldn’t buy iPod touch because it didn’t have enough storage capacity. An additional 25% agreed that iPod touch had too little storage space, but said that they could live with the constraints for now. Eight percent said “no,” that they were fully satisfied with the 8 or 16GB storage, and an additional 8% said that they already had or planned to buy an iPhone, and didn’t need iPod touch. A tiny 3% said that they were never going to buy a device like iPod touch, and didn’t care about it. Thanks for your responses!

« The Cloud offers Wi-Fi access for iPod touch users

Latest edition of iPodweek coming later today »

Comments

The new poll is interesting, but you left off a crucial option: audio and video, with no photos.  I have never used my iPod for photos, even before video.  Because of this oversight, photos might seem more popular than they actually are.

Posted by lebkin on September 28, 2007 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

should also have listed audio, video and games only

I too have never used any iPod for photos or data storage

Posted by Peterphan on September 28, 2007 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

I have to agree, too. I use Music, Videos, Games.. but no photos. Photos on iPod just suck - why the hell can’t you have subfolders?

Posted by Manuel Grabowski on September 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM (PDT)

We’ve added A+V, not P, as requested. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on September 28, 2007 at 1:56 PM (PDT)

I have a 4th generation for music in my car, also has some pics on it.  5th Gen Video, music, pics and some movies does not stay in the car.

Posted by mdove47 on September 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM (PDT)

I use ipod for Music, videos and photoes. BTW i beleive if Apple launched ipod touch with 80Gb and 160GB cpsty then it attracted everybody.

Posted by khusnu on September 29, 2007 at 9:10 PM (PDT)

khusnu: I’m not completely convinced of this.  While the WiFi features of the Touch are very attractive, I do most of my music listening these days in the car, and trying to navigate a touch-screen interface while I’m driving seems a significantly more complicated prospect than using my current 5G touch wheel - with the latter, I can easily skip to the next track while listening on random without having to take my eyes off the road.

Posted by celtic_elk on September 30, 2007 at 9:19 AM (PDT)

What about browsing the internet?

Posted by vertigociel on September 30, 2007 at 3:33 PM (PDT)