Polymer challenges users to strategically create unique shapes
Indie game musician Whitaker Trebella has released his first iOS app, Polymer, a new strategic shape-creating puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Described as a mixture of the logic of a Rubik’s Cube, the sliding mechanism of Trism and the creativity of Lego, Polymer challenges players to combine creativity and strategy by sliding rows and columns to create unique shapes—known as Polymers—on a constantly changing game board. The game is procedurally generated for unique replay value and multiple shape combinations are possible on every level; players obtain higher scores by forming the most visually appealing Polymers.
Polymers provides three play modes: Two Minutes, which simply challenges the player to obtain the higher score possible within the allotted time, One Polymer mode where players are given unlimited time to make the best polymer possible and an action-based Bombs Mode where players must destroy an increasing set of ticking time bombs before the timer runs out. Players can also unlock new colour schemes for added visual appeal and Polymers provides Game Center integration for leaderboards and achievements and integrates with Twitter allowing players to tweet not only their scores but also the images of their best Polymers.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?