PowerDesign releases BodyMasks for new iPods | iLounge News

PowerDesign releases BodyMasks for new iPods

pic PowerDesign has released new iPod BodyMasks for new iPods. New designs include BodyMasks for the iPod remote and docking station. BodyMasks are stickers die-cut to fit the iPod, remote, power adapter and docking station. BodyMasks come in BodyMask Clear ($5.50), BodyMask Color ($5.50) with 10 different colors to choose from and SelfDesign BodyMask ($9.50) for printing your own design. Pre-printed BodyMasks are also available. You can read our review of the SelfDesign BodyMask for an iPod 5GB.

« JR Hill Introduces The Wrap for new iPods

DLO Action Jacket now shipping »

Comments

question:  Is the adhesive closer to that you find on avery mailing labels or low tack like with PDA screen protectors.  If removed, is there a sticky residue left behind?

Posted by CK on June 4, 2003 at 8:54 AM (CDT)

ok—interesting look but why the hell would i ever want to put a huge sticker over my iPod?? what if i decide i need to take it off down the road?? i bet it is a BITCH to get all those sticky pieces off!

Posted by anonymous on June 4, 2003 at 8:55 AM (CDT)

Yes, removing the sticker may leave some adhesive residue on the iPod. PowerDesign recommends the following when removng the BodyMask:

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on June 4, 2003 at 9:02 AM (CDT)

thanks…I think I’ll stick with PDA screen protectors…lighter fluid and my ipod sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Posted by CK on June 4, 2003 at 9:14 AM (CDT)

Depending on the plastic, lighter fluid could get a whole dissolving theme going on your iPod case. Unless you like the melted look thats probably not a good thing. Although usually that sort of damage appears pretty rapidly so i guess if they say you can do it, then it’s ok in the long term, as long as your not dousing the poor thing in lighter fluid every day. Warm soapy water and a spunge tend to do the job as well i’ve found. Not too much water of course. To be honest i rather like the look of these things, funkay patterns n what.

Posted by Alex Stapleton on June 4, 2003 at 1:18 PM (CDT)

has anyone bought one of these? what are they like?

Posted by moxum on June 4, 2003 at 2:42 PM (CDT)

Why wouldn’t you use Goo Gone to get any adhesive residue off?  That’s what it’s designed for, and does not harm plastic.

Posted by dropshadow on June 4, 2003 at 9:40 PM (CDT)

i think I m gonna go ahead and get this, its so cheap, I ll print out a nice sample see if its any cool, then do some tricks

see see see

Posted by ipodder on June 4, 2003 at 10:22 PM (CDT)

yeah but goo gone kind of leaves a oily residue from the essential orange oil.  When I use that I always end up recleaning the surface.  I found the radio shack brand pda covers to be perfectly clear (not like the slight frosty look the fellowes and belkin protectors have) and cheap!  You have to cut them to size for the ipod screen but with the extra bit from the screen you can put that together with another protector to cover the back as well.  Or maybe even use the template from this site to make protectors for the wheel if you wish.  And for only $10!  But no residue to worry about cleaning up later on.

Posted by CK on June 4, 2003 at 11:09 PM (CDT)

This is my favorite design from their site—a DJ turntable:

Any idea how well the touchpad buttons in the new iPods work when covered like this, though? Also, if the design covers the four top buttons, wouldn’t that pose a problem for the red backlight?

Posted by Mark Gardner on June 5, 2003 at 1:36 PM (CDT)

i want it.

i’ll probably fuc* it up, though.

Posted by skrit on June 5, 2003 at 10:43 PM (CDT)

podpac.com.  It’s vinyl so it won’t screw up your ipod and you can clean it up.  I emailed the guy and he said that he’s finalizing the details on the new design.  I think I might get one of these instead of using my pda covers since they’re pretty cheap.  Someone over at the apple discussion boards suggested them.  And for those who want a blue backlight, they come in blue.  yeah yeah I know the resolution problem won’t be solved but I’m guessing with a blue podpac, my buttons will light up purple (red + blue…).  And I can always cut out a hole for the screen if I don’t like looking at it through vinyl.

Posted by CK on June 6, 2003 at 8:35 AM (CDT)