PowerDesign releases new iPod mini BodyMask stickers | iLounge News

PowerDesign releases new iPod mini BodyMask stickers

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Friday, April 9, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picPowerDesign USA has recently released several new iPod mini BodyMasks including; BodyMask Clear ($5.50), BodyMask Color ($7), Self-Design BodyMask ($9.50), and Carbon-Fiber BodyMask ($12). Each BodyMask comes with stickers for all sides (top, bottom, front, back) plus the click wheel. BodyMask for the iPod mini dock is optional. BodyMask Clear comes with an LCD protector.

« iPod mini sound distortion issue

Lajo releases exoflpmini case »

Comments

I had the bodymask for my 15gb ipod and I would NOT recommend this.  Like what they advertise they are realy “stickers”.  Very impossible to align the holes and get a clean application without having any bubbles.  Like stickers, it looses its adhesives on the sides and would flair out making it look cheap.  PowerDesign USA is really shipped from Japan so don’t be mislead by the name.  Not recommended!

Posted by Xtian on April 9, 2004 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

does an iPod mini really *look* like your beater car’s bumper?

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on April 9, 2004 at 7:28 AM (PDT)

Actually, not that tough to align. The adhesive will peel if you pull/jam a side(easy to do). Seems to happen more with the “real” facemasks. Upside is that They’re the only “case” that works with the dock, without hampering button access. An easy way to lose the white of regular iPod. I’ve had good experiences with them, but YMMV

Posted by dekkerd on April 9, 2004 at 2:02 PM (PDT)

I still use PDA screen protectors for this purpose, and I must say that they work great, even though it looks like a mass no matter how carefully I cut it.

Perhaps this would look much better.

Posted by Sraphim on April 10, 2004 at 12:34 PM (PDT)

Posted by Ron G. on April 10, 2004 at 2:57 PM (PDT)

pos product. who would want to put a cheap sticker on a $250 ipod mini.

Posted by Fcuk Lajo on April 10, 2004 at 4:47 PM (PDT)

Ron G. said, “The design flaw is bigger than that it also is inherent in the regular iPod. It’s called not being powered internally by user-replaceable batteries like Double As.”

What? That “string” of words makes absolutely no sense, and appears to have nothing to do with these stickers.

Posted by English? on April 10, 2004 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

dekkerd,  it is not a “case” it’s a cheap type of STICKER!

Ron G., r u trying to be an intellect?  What tha ****?

Posted by What Tha? on April 10, 2004 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

Err, which part of something in quotes is unclear to you? Go look in the gear section to see how this is filed, that is where the case reference comes from.
Yes, it’s cheap, as in not alot of money. Yes, it’s a sticker, they talk about adhesive at their site. Yes, it protects the screen/surface of the Pod from scratches, like a case would(not I did NOT say impact). As I said, it has worked fine for me, YMMV.

Posted by dekkerd on April 10, 2004 at 8:44 PM (PDT)

I bought the clear version of this and have to say I was extremely disappointed. I admit it’s very cheap, but a useless product is still a rip off all the same.

I tried to apply the stickers and found them to be totally not very tacky at all, extremely difficult to align, and basically turned my $250 machine into a piece of kack that looked like a dogs dinner.

Don’t waste your time with such a useless downgrade to your mini. Even if it did work it offers only the minimum of protection against moderate scratches…. and if my memory serves my right, Apple packaged my mini in loads of plastic that I should just have left on for the same effect, only better… at no cost.

This product is flawed massively and I would recommend all potential buyers avoid. Even at $5.50 it’s too much to waste on something that is useless.

Posted by Not impressed on April 11, 2004 at 3:37 AM (PDT)

Is this company better then ####?

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 12, 2004 at 6:03 AM (PDT)

Looks like a pretty cheap product to me.  One scratch, and you’re through the “protective” coating of the sticker anyways.  Still waiting for that one case…

Posted by Asian_N02 on April 12, 2004 at 6:50 AM (PDT)

has anyone tried the ipodWrap (http://www.bookendzdocks.com/bookendz/ipodwrap.htm)

Posted by id03 on April 12, 2004 at 10:52 AM (PDT)

I have one of the custom do it your self ones…I MADE A SWEET IMAGE!!! But its hard to align and for the money IT IS NOT WORTH IT…Mine looked great for 1 week and the sticker is now peeling on some corners….I wouldnt buy it if I were you…the minis come in color anyways…why get one?

Posted by Shane on April 12, 2004 at 2:05 PM (PDT)

^^“the minis come in color anyways…why get one?

that’s right.. get a 15gb one, better value!!!!

...sorry.

Posted by Me-Knee on April 14, 2004 at 10:50 PM (PDT)

I just had to peel my black BodyMask off to replace my battery and I’ll be ordering another. No scratches on my iPod. This is the lowest profile covering you can get. I’ve got a black scratch-proof iPod and I like it.

Posted by CChaos on October 12, 2004 at 4:07 AM (PDT)