Pre-CES iPod product roundup
Several iPod-compatible consumer electronics products were revealed in the pre-show 2007 International CES Awards. Below are brief descriptions of the products, with large photos here. Pricing and availability was not provided for any of the products. CES 2007 will take place January 8-11 in Las Vegas.
The iHome iH85 is an iPod sound system specifically designed for bicycles. The tube-shaped system comes with a wireless control pad and is water-resistant.
The iHome iH21 wireless music system features an iPod dock that transmits music to a water-resistant speaker from over 30 feet away. A wireless remote is also included.
The Philips DCM270 Docking Entertainment System features a built-in iPod/Philips player dock, CD player and FM radio. The floor-standing system offers “superb sound quality,” according to the product description.
Alpine’s iDA-X001 iPod/Media Ready Receiver, which was “designed and developed with input from Apple,” displays artist, album, CD art and track information from an iPod. It features a USB input for iPod connectivity.
The iMedia Chair from Empower Technologies is “the world’s only complete surround sound home theater integrated into an ergonomic chair” and appears to feature an integrated iPod dock.
Altec Lansing’s M812 Wireless iPod Audio System is a minimalist-looking home speaker system that plays music streamed from your iPod. It’s not clear if the system comes with a wireless iPod attachment or dock.
- Incipio acquires Griffin Technology
- Leaked photos appear to show Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Jawbone not leaving wearables business, CEO says
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Instagram 9.2 update for iOS includes pinch-to-zoom on photos and videos
- Judge dismisses key claims of Monster’s case against Beats over Apple deal
- Apple adds 2TB iCloud storage option
- Spec sheet shows Lightning EarPods, Lightning headphone adapter packed in with 256GB iPhone 7 Plus
- Papa John’s releases pizza-ordering app for Apple TV
- Apple call Australian banks’ request a ‘detriment to consumers’
- EU determines Apple should pay 13 billion euros in back taxes to Ireland; Apple plans appeal
- SIM tray photos hint at alleged ‘gloss black’ iPhone color
- Trademark filings hint at wireless EarPods, two new Apple Watch models
- Report: EU to rule against Apple-Ireland tax deals, recommend Apple pay 1B+ Euros
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Belkin PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app