President Bush’s iPod: 250 Songs, Downloaded by Others | iLounge News

President Bush’s iPod: 250 Songs, Downloaded by Others

In an unusually detailed look at the music collection of a sitting President, The New York Times’ Elisabeth Bumiller reports that the “First iPod” has become the “indispensible new exercise toy” of George W. Bush, and is “loaded with country and popular rock tunes”, “heavy on traditional country singers like George Jones, Alan Jackson and Kenny Chesney.” Received from his daughters as a birthday gift in July 2004, the iPod contains only 250 songs, and is used “chiefly during bike workouts to help him pump up his heartbeat, which he monitors with a wrist strap.”

Most interestingly, The Times reports that Bush “does not take the time to download the music himself;” rather, he has had his personal aide buy songs from the iTunes Music Store, and “also has an eclectic mix of songs downloaded into his iPod from Mark McKinnon, a biking buddy and his chief media strategist during the 2004 campaign.”

This item now closed to comments

« Mix: Switch, Time 100, iPod graphics, iPod shuffle utility

Site updates continuing, comments welcomed »

Comments

What can I say—I am shocked and in awe, Bush can operate an ipod.

Posted by petro on April 11, 2005 at 3:06 AM (PDT)

I know the iPod is the simplest and most easy to use device, but even so i’m surprised this primate lacking in any mental ability can use this elegant device.

45 minutes, my ###.

Posted by Mufadal on April 11, 2005 at 4:35 AM (PDT)

So I think the most interesting thing here is that “many” songs were purchased from iTunes, therefore “many” were not.
I’d love to know where these other songs came from.  It notes that at least 2 other people were putting songs on his ipod, so at what point is he participating in file sharing of songs not purchased??

Posted by snappy on April 11, 2005 at 4:57 AM (PDT)

iPodlounge had a photo of him using it - on a bike. So not only can he use an iPod, he is capable of riding a bike.

Posted by Daveoc64 in UK on April 11, 2005 at 5:26 AM (PDT)

Actually, he’s fallen off his bike and injured himself twice in the past year.

Posted by petro on April 11, 2005 at 5:31 AM (PDT)

this report is about as interesting as the banter that follows it…

In other news, Senator Kerry buys a iRiver, and nobody cares about that either.

Posted by apple juice in USA on April 11, 2005 at 5:39 AM (PDT)

Posted by arsolot on April 11, 2005 at 5:41 AM (PDT)

I prefer it if he were mentally fit, but that’s just me.

Posted by petro on April 11, 2005 at 5:47 AM (PDT)

Wow, do you really have to be so mean all the time?  I mean, I don’t like a lot of politicians politics, but I didn’t know the people personally, so it is not my place to judge them on a personal level.  I am willing to bet that none of you know Bush personally, so how about (in the appropriate forum) we discuss his politics, not how “dumb he is”.  Let’s keep the forum ontopic and a little less hateful.  This is surprisingly crass, particularly for a group that claims to be all about peace and love.  We are all fellow technology-loving humans here, let’s relax, enjoy life, and talk about some iPods.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 6:00 AM (PDT)

It says he listens to Kenny Chesney.

I bet his favourite song from Kenny is “She thinks my tractors sexy”

Posted by Cyberwhore in Perth on April 11, 2005 at 6:12 AM (PDT)

You know what, let’s take this one step further.  I propose that from now on only people who scored equal or higher than George W. Bush on the SATs can insult his intelligence.  Bush scored a 1206, so if you got higher than a 1206, then congratulations, you are smarter than Bush.  Keep in mind that they recentered SATs scores in 1994, so you need to have scored a 1280 or higher if you took the SATs after 1994 in order to qualify as being smarter than Bush.

I’m sure there are lot of people on this board who qualify, but I’m sure there are a lot who won’t, too.

If you didn’t take the SATs because 1) you aren’t old enough or 2) you didn’t bother or even 3) you live somewhere were the SATs are not relevant, don’t bother chiming in.  Speculation about your own intelligence is boring to others.

The SATs are as close to a standarized, universal IQ test as we get in the U.S., and SAT scores line up very nicely with IQ scores, so don’t give me some crap about how you are a bad test taker and that’s why you got a 950.

I know I am skipping over my own advice of relaxing and just talking about iPods, but I just went to a few more sites and all I read was a bunch of unfounded, uncivilized, unintelligable Bush-hating.

Be reasonable, people.  He might be “dumb,” but statistically speaking, he is smarter than most of us.  The bottom line:  If he is dumb, you are dumber.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 6:45 AM (PDT)

The 1% of the population that doesn’t think Bush is stupid has spoken.

There is a difference between stupid and dumb by the way.

Posted by Cyberwhore in Perth on April 11, 2005 at 7:22 AM (PDT)

I’d just like a Prime Minister that wasn’t Bush’s poodle, had a good awareness of public opinion and could actually be trusted to keep his promises, alas none of the candidates this time around could offer that *cringes* except the Liberals…

I don’t care about stupid SAT’s, living in the UK i’m more than able to judge, and indeed insult Bush, it’s a free country (for now, we’ll see what Tony has up his sleeve post May 5th)

Bush is the worst terrorist.

Posted by Mufadal on April 11, 2005 at 7:28 AM (PDT)

Care to attempt to support your statistics?

Better yet, care to post your SAT score publicly?

Sorry to hear that.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 7:29 AM (PDT)

Those complaining about Bush are the ones that voted for the guy who lost.  The one who lost seemed to have even less intelligence then the one who won since he couldn’t keep a consistent enough campaign to win an election.  So if *that’s* not dumb, then the dummies supporting him need to better elaborate.  Oh wait, elaboration takes communication skill and they have already shown their lack of those skills.  Okay forget it, continue playing your PSP and living at your parents house…

Posted by svenllr on April 11, 2005 at 7:33 AM (PDT)

“Bush is the worst terrorist.”

You can do the leg-work here, if you want.

How many innocent civilians did Bush kill?

Ok, now how many innocent civilians did Saddam kill?

Good, now which number is higher?

Excellent, and now you see why Bush is not the worst terrorist.

Tomorrow’s lesson: How to formulate a coherent argument.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 7:33 AM (PDT)

I like this too because Saddam is still around.  We didn’t kill him, we have him in a little cage.  Want to have him back?

Just ask yourself that question.  Do you want us to release him from his little cage and put him back out there to kill another half a million people?

You decide.

Posted by mrn121 in Fairfax, VA on April 11, 2005 at 7:37 AM (PDT)

*puts iPod into ears*

You blind yanks, implode if you wish, just don’t drag the world down with you.

Posted by Mufadal on April 11, 2005 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

“How many innocent civilians did Bush kill?”

Well, according to the Washington post 100,000. Here, read it here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7967-2004Oct28.html

Hmmm, do the math. Bush pushed for the war, therefore the responsibilities lie with him. I do wonder who the terrorist is here.

How is that for a coherent arguement.

Posted by King Kong Pumpkin in Australia on April 11, 2005 at 8:03 AM (PDT)

Quote:  “Whether you support or oppose Bush (I oppose), he’s physically fit:  he ran a sub-4 hour marathon about 10 years ago”

Man, I could do all sorts of thing 10 years ago. . . .

Posted by Dingleberry on April 11, 2005 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last »